How to Fix the Missing XINPUT1_3.DLL Error on Windows 8.1?

• Thread starter triley
  • Start date
In summary, "XINPUT1_3.DLL" is a dynamic link library file used by the Microsoft DirectX API to support gaming controllers and other input devices on Windows computers. It is important because it allows the computer to communicate with these devices and enable them to function properly. If you are receiving an error message stating "XINPUT1_3.DLL is missing," it means the file is either not present or corrupted, which can be caused by various reasons. To fix this error, you can try reinstalling the game or software, downloading the file from a reputable source, or using a system file checker tool. While it is generally safe to download the file from the internet, there is a risk of downloading a malicious or corrupted version
triley
I've got direct x 11 installed on Windows 8.1 and I have restarted my laptop a few times but it still shows this error.
How do I fix this?

XINPUT1_3.DLL is missing. please reinstall.

I know manually messing with DLL files is probably a bad idea, but Any clue as to how to fix this?

Thanks

Technology news on Phys.org
Have you tried Google ?

Related to How to Fix the Missing XINPUT1_3.DLL Error on Windows 8.1?

1. Why am I getting a "XINPUT1_3.DLL is missing" error?

This error typically occurs when a program or game is trying to use the XINPUT1_3.DLL file, but the file is either missing or corrupted. This file is a part of the Microsoft DirectX software, which is necessary for running certain programs and games on your computer.

2. How can I fix the "XINPUT1_3.DLL is missing" error?

The best way to fix this error is to reinstall the Microsoft DirectX software. You can do this by downloading the latest version from the official Microsoft website and running the installer. This should replace any missing or corrupted files, including the XINPUT1_3.DLL file.

3. Why did the XINPUT1_3.DLL file go missing in the first place?

There are a few possible reasons for this. It could be due to a problem during the initial installation of the Microsoft DirectX software, or it could have been accidentally deleted by a user or a third-party program. It could also be caused by a virus or malware on your computer.

4. Can I just download the XINPUT1_3.DLL file from a third-party website?

No, it is not recommended to download DLL files from third-party websites. These sites are often unreliable and may provide outdated or infected files. It is always best to download DLL files directly from the official source, in this case, Microsoft.

5. Will reinstalling the Microsoft DirectX software affect my other programs or games?

In most cases, no. Reinstalling the Microsoft DirectX software should not affect other programs or games on your computer. However, if you have any programs or games that are dependent on an older version of DirectX, they may no longer work properly after the update. It is always a good idea to check with the software developer before reinstalling DirectX.