How to find time.... With no acceleration and resistance.

In summary, the net force on the glider is 0.60 N in the opposite direction to its initial motion. It takes the glider 0.60 s to come to a stop. The equation for Fnet is Fnet=0.60N*A.
Mrchilko

Homework Statement

Problem in photo...

Homework Equations

Don't know... Cause velocity ( m/s) isn't acceleration and therefore you can't find Fnet... So I don't know

The Attempt at a Solution

Does it have anything to do with finding Fn than multiplying that?

Attachments

• 1448005204684-711857199.jpg
    1448005204684-711857199.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 425
Physics news on Phys.org
There is a single force acting on the glider: the 0.60 N that is applied.

You should be able to use it to find acceleration. And with the acceleration, you can find the velocity of the glider.

Note also that we much prefer you take the time to write down the problem instead of taking a picture.

With the resultant force on the glider you can calculate its acceleration.

Mrchilko said:

Homework Statement

Problem in photo...

Homework Equations

Don't know... Cause velocity ( m/s) isn't acceleration and therefore you can't find Fnet... So I don't know

The Attempt at a Solution

Does it have anything to do with finding Fn than multiplying that?
Your problem is chiefly that you don't read these problem statements carefully enough to discover what information you are given.

The glider is flying at constant velocity. What is the net force on the glider when that occurs?

A force of 0.60 N is applied to this 400 g glider in the opposite direction to its initial motion. How long does it take to bring the glider to a stop?

What is the equation for Fnet?

When the force of 0.60 N is applied to the glider, what other forces are acting on it, if it was traveling at constant velocity?

Have you heard of the SUVAT equations for linear motion?

Well I know u guys are just here to help people and share the beauty of physics.. But for some reason... Me and physics don't click.. And I just spent 4h doing 5 questions 2 ,of which I never completed .. These questions are Newtons 2nd law. I think I just wasted 4h of my life. Didnt even figure out one of the main questions and on top now very frustrated seeing that I love physics but I can't seem to manipulate and look at questions and connect the given variables in a matter of seconds like some kids... Now @SteamKing when you say.. Read the questions more carefully .. I spent one hour looking at that question.. Maybe I shouldn't have.. But I'm not the type to give up and let s question win me over. Seeing that 0.60N is the (drag) I should find acceleration which I now realize what I may have to do.. I'm just simply terrible at Interpreting questions...

Training the mind to do Physics is tough yes. Best to work in pencil.
Start with a quick drawing showing the info and also the forces acting on the glider.
Post the drawing here.
We will try and make things easier (I hope) for you and not more difficult.

Related to How to find time.... With no acceleration and resistance.

1. How can I find time without acceleration and resistance?

To find time without acceleration and resistance, you can use the equation t = d/v, where t is time, d is distance, and v is velocity. This equation assumes that there is no acceleration or resistance present.

2. What is the difference between time and acceleration?

Time is a measurement of the duration of an event, while acceleration is a measurement of the change in velocity over time. In other words, time tells us how long something takes, while acceleration tells us how quickly something is changing.

3. Can time be negative with no acceleration and resistance?

No, time cannot be negative with no acceleration and resistance. This is because time is a measurement of a continuous and forward-moving event, and therefore cannot be negative.

4. How does resistance affect the concept of time?

Resistance can affect the concept of time by slowing down the movement of an object. This means that the time it takes for an object to travel a certain distance will be longer if there is resistance present.

5. What are some examples of situations with no acceleration and resistance?

Some examples of situations with no acceleration and resistance include a car driving at a constant speed on a flat road, a person walking at a steady pace, or an object falling through a vacuum. In these situations, the velocity remains constant and there is no force acting against the motion.