How to find Tensile & compressive force

In summary, The speaker is a mechanical engineering student looking for help in finding the tensile and compressive forces of a square bar. They list the known parameters and ask for a formula to solve the problem. They also mention a separate problem involving compressive forces on an umbrella mechanism and ask for clarification on the components of the mechanism. The speaker advises using training in statics and second year mechanics to solve the problem.
adilgrt007
hello guys i am student of mechanical engineering final year.i workout how to find tensile and compressive force of square bar & which point has a maximum forces workout. following parameters are known which are listed below.please solved my problem...

Parameters that are known

Area of the square bar
weight of the square bar
density of the square bar

Is there any formula please posted me...

Engineering news on Phys.org
How is the bar loaded?

sir i have a workout compressive forces on a umbrella spokes.what is a magnitude of these forces

A figure would be helpful...

So the spokes of the umbrealla have square CSA?

an umbrella mechanism is basically a radially-symetric assembly of sub-mechanisms

find the forces on one "leg" and go from there
the analysis is well within the capabilities of a final-year undergrad. use your training in statics.
it's basically a few bars, all pin joints, some intersecting at end points, others in midpoints

if that doesn't put you on the right track, review your second year mechanics training

Related to How to find Tensile & compressive force

1. How do you calculate tensile and compressive force?

To calculate tensile force, divide the force applied to an object by its cross-sectional area. To calculate compressive force, multiply the force applied to an object by its cross-sectional area.

2. What is the difference between tensile and compressive force?

Tensile force pulls or stretches an object, while compressive force pushes or squeezes an object. Both forces act in opposite directions, with tensile force causing the object to elongate and compressive force causing the object to shorten.

3. What factors affect the amount of tensile and compressive force in an object?

The material, size, and shape of an object can all affect the amount of tensile and compressive force it can withstand. Other factors include temperature, pressure, and the presence of external forces.

4. How is tensile and compressive force used in engineering?

Tensile and compressive force are important considerations in the design and construction of structures and machines. Engineers must ensure that the materials and components used can withstand the expected amount of force without breaking or deforming.

5. How can tensile and compressive force be tested?

Tensile and compressive force can be tested using specialized equipment such as a universal testing machine. This machine applies a controlled force to an object, measuring the amount of force it can withstand before breaking or deforming. The results of these tests can help engineers determine the strength and durability of materials.