How to design home use wacky talky circuit on breadboard?

In summary: For hobbyists, there are a few options. One is to use a transceiver that is not designed for use on the Amateur Radio Service frequencies. Another is to build your own transceiver using kits, or to find a used transceiver. There are also some devices that are marketed specifically as walkie talkies. These devices usually have a smaller range than a transceiver designed for Amateur Radio Service use, but they are usually cheaper.
pmostafa
I want to design a simple home use electronic wacky talky.

Please help.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I assume you mean walkie-talkie, not wacky talkie.

I think "wacky" is a phonetic representation of the way it's said in 'American' speech. In English English it's said more like "wall key tall key".

I would suggest that pmostafa looks at sites selling simple electronics project kits. In the UK, Maplin, for example, sell all sorts of easy to build kits.
Using actual Radio Communication can be a bit problematical because there are regulations about what you are actually allowed to transmit - also, radio circuitry is fairly sophisticated, even in its most simple forms, and would be a difficult thing to start with. Start with something much more simple - like a system that uses wires, between rooms.

I remember as a kid playing with walkie talkies that had only 3 or 4 transistors. Try google "4 transistor walkie talkie". They're pretty simple and low power enough to meet regulations. I was surprised to find that you can still buy them pretty cheap also.

sophiecentaur said:
I think "wacky" is a phonetic representation of the way it's said in 'American' speech. In English English it's said more like "wall key tall key".

I'm sorry, Sophiecentaur, but no. 'Wacky talky' sounds in Amurrican English exactly as it sounds in English English (wacky, that is).

The portable hand-held radio transceiver is called a 'walkie talkie'. After all, the first Walkie Talkie was developed by the Galvin Mfg. Co. (later called Motorola) for the US Army, and it was a radio carried by a soldier in a back-pack. The device which everyone now calls a 'walkie-talkie' was originally known as a 'handie-talkie', because it was miniaturized enough to be held in one's hand like a telephone receiver, if anyone is still familiar with those devices.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walkie-talkie

Walkie talkies can be built by hobbyists as long as they don't transmit on frequencies reserved for other devices. There are some parts of the RF spectrum in the US and Europe which are reserved for non-licensed transmitters.

Related to How to design home use wacky talky circuit on breadboard?

1. How do I choose the components for my wacky talky circuit?

To design a home use wacky talky circuit on a breadboard, you will need a few key components including a microphone, speaker, resistors, capacitors, and an integrated circuit (IC) chip. The specific values for these components will depend on your design goals and the type of IC chip you are using. It is important to research and carefully choose your components based on your circuit's requirements.

2. What is the best way to layout my wacky talky circuit on a breadboard?

The best way to layout your wacky talky circuit on a breadboard is to first map out your circuit on paper and plan the placement of your components. Then, follow the breadboard's layout and insert the components in the appropriate rows and columns, making sure to connect them properly with jumper wires. It is also helpful to use different colored wires to keep track of connections.

3. How do I ensure the stability of my wacky talky circuit on a breadboard?

To ensure the stability of your wacky talky circuit on a breadboard, it is important to minimize the length of your jumper wires and keep them as short as possible. This will reduce the chances of interference and improve the overall performance of your circuit. Additionally, make sure to securely insert the components into the breadboard and avoid any loose connections.

4. Can I make modifications to my wacky talky circuit after it is built on a breadboard?

Yes, you can make modifications to your wacky talky circuit after it is built on a breadboard. This is one of the benefits of using a breadboard for prototyping as it allows for easy modifications. However, it is important to be cautious with any changes and make sure to disconnect power before making any modifications to avoid damaging the components.

5. How can I test my wacky talky circuit on a breadboard?

To test your wacky talky circuit on a breadboard, you can use a multimeter to measure the voltage and current at different points in the circuit. This can help identify any potential issues or errors in your design. Additionally, you can use a signal generator to input various signals and test the output of your circuit on the speaker. It is important to thoroughly test your circuit before using it for its intended purpose.