How should I properly supply power to the DAC813?

In summary, the proper way to supply power to the DAC chip in question is to provide a positive supply to pin 8 and a negative supply to pin 10. The documentation mentions this multiple times and also states that pins 5 and 16 should be grounded.
Nah_Roots
Hello, could someone please verify the proper way to supply power to this particular DAC chip: http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/dac813.pdf

Do I need to supply both +15 V and -15 V into +Vcc and -Vcc respectively? Or do I just supply +15 V to +Vcc and have the negative return lead of that supply connect to -Vcc? I don't believe I'm understanding their documentation fully.

Any help or input would be appreciated

Thank you,

Roots

Engineering news on Phys.org
It needs a POSITIVE supply to pin 8 and a NEGATIVE supply to pin 10.

This is mentioned several times.

Pin 5 and pin 16 are grounded.

Related to How should I properly supply power to the DAC813?

1. What is a DAC power supply connection?

A DAC (digital-to-analog converter) power supply connection is a connection between a DAC and its power supply. This connection provides power to the DAC, allowing it to convert digital signals into analog signals accurately.

2. How do I connect a DAC to its power supply?

The specific method of connecting a DAC to its power supply may vary depending on the model and manufacturer. Generally, you will need to connect the positive and negative terminals of the power supply to the corresponding terminals on the DAC. It is important to ensure that the polarity is correct to prevent damage to the DAC.

3. Can I use any power supply for my DAC?

No, it is important to use a power supply that is specifically designed for your DAC. Using the wrong power supply can result in poor performance or even damage to the DAC. Always consult the manufacturer's instructions or specifications to determine the appropriate power supply for your DAC.

4. What happens if I use the wrong power supply for my DAC?

If you use a power supply that is not suitable for your DAC, it can lead to inaccurate signal conversion, poor sound quality, and even damage to the DAC. It is essential to use the correct power supply to ensure the optimal performance and longevity of your DAC.

5. How do I troubleshoot power supply connection issues with my DAC?

If you are experiencing problems with your DAC power supply connection, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. First, double-check that the power supply is the correct one for your DAC. You can also try using a different power supply to see if the issue persists. Additionally, check all connections and make sure they are secure. If the problem continues, it may be necessary to consult the manufacturer or a professional for assistance.