How Much Nitrogen Gas and Pressure Are Needed for a 250°C Temperature Gauge?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a temperature gauge with a 2-meter capillary and a range of 0-250 degrees Celsius. The question is how much nitrogen gas is needed to reach the desired temperature and what pressure is required to fill the tube. The conversation also mentions the length and immersion length of the tube, as well as the make and model of the gauge and tube being used. The conversation also includes a request for help and a link to a website about flow measurement.
kolli Subhash
Hi,

I Have one Temperature gauge with 2Meter Cpillary. Range is 0-250Deg Centigarde. it was field with Nitrogen gas immersion length (sensing element) was 100mm in the process.
How much gas should field to get the 250Deg Centigarde temperature. and how much pressure is required to field the 'X' amount of gas.

How to calculate these kidly let me know.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi,
I have question on gas field temperature gauges. Question: I have a tube OD 10 mm X 1.0 mm WT(wall Thickness) X 100 mm. Temperature range '0 to 50 Deg Centigrade. I want to fill the Nitrogen gas in the tube.

Total Tube Length: 200 mm & Imersion length: 100mm. (i.e; Imersion length is nothing but sensing element, which is used in process).

1. how much gas should fill it?
2. How much pressure is required to fill 'X' amount of gas?

Kindly help me out on this.

Read More at: http://www.instreng.com/community/media/the-differential-pressure-flow-measuring-principle-orifice-nozzle-venturi-youtube.4/

Last edited by a moderator:
The gas volume needed will depend on the gauge or sensor fitted to the tube.

What is the make and model of the tube you are using ? Please attach a link to manufacturers site.
What is the make and model of the gauge you are using ? Please attach a link to manufacturers site.

Why do you give a link to Flow Measurement if you want to measure Temperature?

Related to How Much Nitrogen Gas and Pressure Are Needed for a 250°C Temperature Gauge?

1. What is a gas field temperature gauge?

A gas field temperature gauge is a device used to measure the temperature of gas in a gas field. It is typically used in the oil and gas industry to monitor and control the temperature of gas during production, processing, and transportation.

2. How does a gas field temperature gauge work?

A gas field temperature gauge works by using a temperature sensor, such as a thermocouple or a resistance temperature detector (RTD), to measure the temperature of the gas. The sensor is connected to a display or recording device that converts the sensor's readings into a temperature value.

3. What factors can affect the accuracy of a gas field temperature gauge?

The accuracy of a gas field temperature gauge can be affected by several factors, including the type and quality of the temperature sensor, the location of the sensor in relation to the gas flow, and the calibration of the gauge. External factors such as changes in gas composition and pressure can also impact the accuracy of the gauge.

4. How often should gas field temperature gauges be calibrated?

The frequency of calibration for gas field temperature gauges depends on the specific industry standards and regulations, as well as the manufacturer's recommendations. In general, it is recommended to calibrate the gauge at least once a year or whenever there are significant changes in the gas field conditions.

5. Are there different types of gas field temperature gauges?

Yes, there are various types of gas field temperature gauges available, including digital gauges, bimetallic gauges, and liquid-filled gauges. Each type has its own advantages and limitations, and the choice of gauge will depend on the specific application and requirements.