How long will be the end of the world

• Thread starter kenny1999
  • Start date
In summary: Is it still possible to stop, slow down or even reverse the damage or if we are just waiting for the end of the world in tens or hundreds of years no matter what
kenny1999
In fact,
How long will be the end of our humanity? I think our planet will recover herself, only we will be destroyed, after the breakage of ice frame in Antartica , and things like global warming.

I think it will take another millions of years for our humanity to be like today, where there are high-tech things and high standard of living

Are there actually any things that the scientists and politicians are doing in the background instead of marketing to comfort people?

Is it still possible to stop, slow down or even reverse the damage or if we are just waiting for the end of the world in tens or hundreds of years no matter what(( btw, could anyone help correct the grammar of my English? I am an English learner)

Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Hello Ken,

I hope you don't expect an answer in terms of ##x \pm y## years :rolleyes: ?
This is a physics forum and although there is a lot of physics in the phenomena involved, your main subject is anything but physical.
Humans have remarkable capabilities to adapt to circumstances, so let's rely on that. Eradication of alll of humanity in a short period is unlikely to happen even in the most disastrous scenario.
In the mean time thinking about such scenarios and in particular the man-made unfavourable developments is a worthwhile effort.

Likes kenny1999
@BvU I think you have been April fooled.:woot:

anorlunda said:
@BvU I think you have been April fooled.:woot:

I did not April fool anybody. I got the email notification that I've missed the forum for quite some time then I got back here asking some questions that I always want to know

BvU said:
Hello Ken,

I hope you don't expect an answer in terms of ##x \pm y## years :rolleyes: ?
This is a physics forum and although there is a lot of physics in the phenomena involved, your main subject is anything but physical.
Humans have remarkable capabilities to adapt to circumstances, so let's rely on that. Eradication of alll of humanity in a short period is unlikely to happen even in the most disastrous scenario.
In the mean time thinking about such scenarios and in particular the man-made unfavourable developments is a worthwhile effort.

I know we will not be eradicated in short period. However, how long it would be, approximately. Can we survive another one thousand year

Unfortunaltey, in less than 100 years, we have polluted our planet more than the millions of years before

Related to How long will be the end of the world

1. How long will it be until the end of the world?

The end of the world is a complex and debated topic, and there is no definitive answer to this question. However, many scientists believe that the end of the world, or the end of human civilization, could happen in the distant future, possibly thousands or even millions of years from now. It is important to note that predicting the end of the world is not a scientific endeavor, as it is impossible to accurately predict such events.

2. What scientific evidence supports the idea of the end of the world?

Some scientists point to evidence such as climate change, natural disasters, and the potential for nuclear war as indicators of the end of the world. However, it is important to note that these events are not necessarily indicative of the end of human civilization, and there is no concrete evidence to support the idea of a specific end of the world event.

3. Is there a specific date or timeline for the end of the world?

No, there is no specific date or timeline for the end of the world. While some individuals and groups may claim to have predicted the exact date of the end of the world, these predictions are not based on scientific evidence and should not be considered reliable.

4. Can science prevent the end of the world?

While science and technology have the potential to mitigate some of the factors that could contribute to the end of the world, it is impossible to completely prevent it. Additionally, the concept of the end of the world is often tied to philosophical, religious, and cultural beliefs, making it a complex and multi-faceted issue that cannot be solely addressed through scientific means.

5. What can individuals do to prepare for the end of the world?

There is no way to definitively prepare for the end of the world, as it is impossible to predict when or how it may occur. However, individuals can take steps to prepare for potential disasters or crises, such as having an emergency plan and supplies in place. It is also important to focus on living in the present and making positive contributions to society and the environment, rather than worrying about a hypothetical end of the world event.