How do I integrate these 3 functions?

In summary, the conversation discusses how to integrate three given functions using trigonometric substitution and provides hints on how to solve them. The first function can be solved by letting u=asint, while the second and third functions can be solved by letting u=sqrt(b)sin(t)/cos(t). The conversation ends with a thank you and a clarification on a previous emoticon used.
Odyssey
:confused: How do I integrate these 3 functions?

(1) [tex]\alpha(t-t_{0})=\int_{R_{0}}^{R(\Theta)}\frac{du}{u\sqrt{a^ 2-u^2}} [/tex]

(2) [tex]\beta(t-t_{0})=\int_{R_{0}}^{R(\Theta)}\frac{du}{u\sqrt{u^ 2+b}} [/tex]

(3) [tex]\beta(t-t_{0})=\int_{R_{0}}^{R(\Theta)}\frac{du}{u\sqrt{u^ 2-b}} [/tex]

A million thanks in advance. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
thank you very much. Let me try to work this through.

Odyssey said:
thank you very much. Let me try to work this through.

Sorry =X hint deleted.

The first one can be solved by letting u=asint
The second and the third is with u=sqrt(b).sint/cost
The rest is left for you, honey! :wink:

vsage said:
Sorry =X hint deleted.
What is X hint ?

Motifs said:
The first one can be solved by letting u=asint
The second and the third is with u=sqrt(b).sint/cost
The rest is left for you, honey! :wink:

Thank you very much! :-p

Motifs said:
What is X hint ?

I was doing a muting of myself emoticon for nearly the same text you just put up :) Oh well.

Related to How do I integrate these 3 functions?

1. What is function integration?

Function integration is a mathematical process of finding a new function that represents the accumulation of the effects of three given functions. In simpler terms, it involves combining the outputs of three functions into one unified function.

2. What are the methods of function integration?

There are several methods that can be used to integrate three functions, including substitution, integration by parts, and the method of partial fractions. These methods involve manipulating the given functions and using mathematical rules to simplify and combine them into a single function.

3. How do I choose the appropriate method for integrating three functions?

The choice of method for integrating three functions depends on the complexity and form of the given functions. It is important to analyze the functions and determine which method would be most efficient and effective in combining them.

4. What are the key steps in integrating three functions?

The key steps in integrating three functions include identifying the method to use, applying the necessary rules or formulas for that method, and simplifying the resulting function. The final step is to add any necessary constants to the integrated function.

5. Can I use a calculator to integrate three functions?

Yes, there are many online and handheld calculators that have the capability to integrate functions. However, it is important to understand the underlying mathematical concepts and steps involved in the integration process in order to verify the accuracy of the calculator's results.