How do I input a dependent current source in PSpice 9.2?

In summary, to change the values of a dependent source in PSpice 9.2, you need to put it in series with a resistor and use the transfer parameter to calculate the output, which will be an ideal voltage or current source.
hover
Hello,

I was wondering how to change the values of a dependent source in PSpice 9.2. For example, say I have a dependent current source that depends on the current flowing through some resistor and say that the current flowing through this dependent source is 2I. How do I input that into PSpice?

Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
A dependent source is a 4-terminal component. If you are depending on current, it's the current flowing through the input terminals. Put it in series with the resistor - it's effective input impedance is zero so it doesn't perturb the circuit. Then the output is dependent on this based on the transfer parameter of the specific dependent-source type. The output is an ideal voltage or current source.

Related to How do I input a dependent current source in PSpice 9.2?

1. What are PSpice dependent sources?

PSpice dependent sources are electronic components that have a voltage or current output that is dependent on another voltage or current in the circuit. These sources are used to model real-world devices and can be controlled by mathematical expressions or measurements from other parts of the circuit.

2. How are PSpice dependent sources different from independent sources?

Independent sources have a fixed voltage or current output that is not influenced by any other part of the circuit. PSpice dependent sources, on the other hand, have an output that is determined by a relationship with another part of the circuit. This allows for more realistic and complex circuit simulations.

3. What are the different types of PSpice dependent sources?

There are three main types of PSpice dependent sources: voltage-controlled voltage source (VCVS), current-controlled voltage source (CCVS), and current-controlled current source (CCCS). These sources can be either linear or nonlinear, and their outputs are determined by a mathematical relationship with the controlling voltage or current.

4. How do I use PSpice dependent sources in a circuit?

In PSpice, dependent sources can be added to a circuit using the appropriate symbol from the library. The controlling voltage or current must also be specified using a voltage or current probe. The expression or measurement that controls the source can be entered in the properties menu of the source component.

5. What are some common applications of PSpice dependent sources?

Dependent sources are commonly used in circuit simulations to model transistors, amplifiers, and other complex electronic devices. They can also be used to analyze feedback circuits, control systems, and other circuits with multiple inputs and outputs. PSpice dependent sources are essential for accurately simulating and designing electronic circuits.