How do I change the phrase under my username?

• Thread starter Firefox123
  • Start date
In summary, to change the phrase under your username, you need to have a PF subscription. If you do not have a subscription, you can contact Greg or Warren to have it removed, but it cannot be changed. The feature to change member titles was disabled and is only visible on the Prime skin, not the Nexus one. Some non-subscribers may still have avatars from when it was free, similar to member titles.
Firefox123
How do I change the phrase under my username?

Right now it reads "...still in Kuwait..." and I want to change it...

How do I do that?

I went to "user cp" and tried looking under "profile" and "options" but could not find anything.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Russ

Physics news on Phys.org
Right now the member titles can now only be changed with a PF subscription. I presume yours was from pre-subscription days. You could probably PM Greg or Warren to get it removed, but I don't think you can get it changed.

I don't think they're supposed to be showing up at all. That was an old feature that I thought Greg had disabled.

They show on the Prime skin but not the Nexus one for some reason.

But some non-subscribers also have avatars from when that feature was free. I guess it's the same deal with member titles.

Related to How do I change the phrase under my username?

1. How do I change the phrase under my username?

To change the phrase under your username, you will need to go to your account settings. Look for the option to edit your profile information and you should see an option to change your username or tagline. Make sure to save your changes before exiting.

2. Can I change the phrase under my username to anything I want?

Yes, in most cases you can change the phrase under your username to anything you want as long as it follows the platform's guidelines and terms of use. Make sure to check these guidelines before making any changes.

3. How often can I change the phrase under my username?

This depends on the platform or website you are using. Some may allow you to change it as often as you like, while others may have a limit or a waiting period before you can make changes again. Check the platform's guidelines for more information.

4. Will changing the phrase under my username affect my account in any way?

No, changing the phrase under your username should not have any impact on your account. However, if you are using a platform where your username is also your login ID, changing it may require you to log in using your new username in the future.

5. Can I change the phrase under my username on all platforms?

Not all platforms or websites have the option to change the phrase under your username. Some may only allow you to change your username or profile picture. Make sure to check the platform's settings or guidelines to see if this option is available.