How Can Physics Help Me Avoid Getting Shocked with High Voltage?

• Thread starter Swake
  • Start date
In summary, physics can help individuals avoid getting shocked with high voltage by understanding the principles of electricity and how it behaves. This includes knowing the difference between AC and DC currents, as well as the concept of resistance and how to use protective measures such as insulators and grounding. By applying these principles, individuals can minimize their risk of getting shocked and stay safe around high voltage sources.
Swake
Hi there :-)
Hope you all are ok here.

Lets present myself: I like physics and try to consciously use it every day. What I mean is I not only 'undergo' it like all and everything in this universe, I also try using my (admittedly limited) knowledge about physics to my advantage as often as possible in the real world.

Look, as an example in electrics: Over the past couple of days I got chocked more than 5 times with high voltage. Yeah I known... and seriously it might have been like 10 times or even more as I stopped counting. The zap was probably over 5000V (as in 5kV). To make things clear: I'm not a masochist and the feeling of such an high voltage does not provide me with a particularly pleasing sensation nor is it something I research. Although we got a nice laugh with the last zap :). I ended up using some of that physics knowledge of mine and 'limited' the problem by adding some grass to the wire. ;-)

ps: thru story