How Can I Solve These Calculus 2 Homework Problems?

In summary, the conversation covers various topics including finding the area between limited curves, using integrals to solve equations, calculating vectors, and discussing the concept of convergence. The main points discussed include the formula for finding area between curves, using trigonometry to solve integrals, and graphing parametric curves in 3 dimensions. The conversation also mentions the importance of understanding these concepts for completing a homework assignment.
Erbil
1)
y=x, y=sinx, x=-∏/4, x=∏/2 find the area between these limited curves.

∫(upper function-(lower function)

∫x-sinxdx(between x=-∏/4, x=0) + ∫sinx-xdx(between x=0,x=∏/2). Am I right? If it's okay,I don't have a problem in this integral.

2)
∫sin(2x)/sin^2x(^=power)dx

I'm not sure that this formula is for this equation.I just tried for solution.
sin^2x= 1/2(1-cos(2x))

3.∫sin(2x)/1/2(1-cos(2x))dx=2∫sin(2x)dx/(1-cos(2x)dx=2∫du/2/(1-cos(2x)=
=∫du/(1-cos(2x))

3)
r(t)=t i + t^2/2 j + t^3/3 k, 0≤t≤6 find T,N,B for this function.

2.T(t) = r'(t)/|r'(t)| N(t) = T'(t)/|T'(t)| B=TXN

3.T(t) = i+2tj+t^2k/ I don't calculate this yet.I want to know what it is for ? Where we are use this vectors etc.In short,can somebody show it to me graphically?

4)
Ʃ(it's starting from 0.And going to infinity.) n!(2x+3)^n
another information : it's a power series. What is a radial convergence R and interval convergence ?

2.lim n→∞ {an+1/an} {absolut value}

3.I have calculated this.And I found R=0, a=-3/2. It's just a point.

Physics news on Phys.org
1: I think you have upper and lower function mixed up
2: The function looks a bit like you might want to massage it to a form ∫f'(x)/f(x) dx. Perhaps try using trigonometry to the term upstairs.
3: It's a parametric curve in 3 dimensions. It's not very easy to graph, but if you write r=xi+yj+zk, then using the parametrization you are given, you can find what are y(x) and z(x), which you can use to find the shape of the curve.

Thanks for reply.I'm waiting for more replies.Is there anybody who can help me?

1) I can't calculate it yet.
2)Yes you're right.So I found it. ln(sin^2x)+c
3)I don't try it yet.
4)I calculated it.

My homework is for tomorrow.Is there anybody,who can help me for area and vector question.

Related to How Can I Solve These Calculus 2 Homework Problems?

1. What is Calculus 2 and why is it important?

Calculus 2 is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of change and motion. It is important because it allows us to understand and analyze complex systems and phenomena, such as the motion of objects, the growth and decay of populations, and the behavior of systems in physics and engineering.

2. What topics are typically covered in Calculus 2 based homework?

Some common topics in Calculus 2 based homework include integration techniques, applications of integration, sequences and series, and parametric equations.

3. How can I improve my understanding of Calculus 2 for homework assignments?

Some ways to improve your understanding include regularly attending lectures and taking notes, practicing problems regularly, seeking help from a tutor or professor, and utilizing online resources and study groups.

4. Are there any common mistakes to avoid when solving Calculus 2 based homework problems?

Yes, some common mistakes include not carefully reading the problem, using incorrect formulas or methods, making arithmetic errors, and not simplifying expressions. It is important to double check your work and always show your steps.

5. How can I use Calculus 2 in real life?

Calculus 2 has many real-life applications, such as in engineering, physics, economics, and statistics. It can be used to model and analyze various systems and phenomena, such as the motion of objects, the growth and decay of populations, and the optimization of processes.