How can I create a unique projection of my company logo on light shades?

In summary, the conversation discussed designing light shades for a new building, with the goal of 3D printing them and including the company logo/name. The lights are for aesthetic purposes only and the challenge is to project the logo/name onto surrounding surfaces without it being directly visible on the light shade. The speaker is seeking suggestions on how to achieve this, including the possibility of using prisms or multiple lamps with holes.
thestudent101
I've been tasked with designing light shades for my companies new building. The current goal is to 3D print them, and include the company logo/name on them. The lights are for design purposes only, and aren't being used to illuminate the room. The hard part is, I want the logo/name clearly projected onto the surfaces around it, but for the light shade to not show the logo/name directly (eg work out the shapes/angles to make the projection work). I don't know what this method is called, but I've seen it done before (not for lights but for art pieces).

If anyone has any suggestions on how to do this, whether it be software, mathematical modelling examples, or a more relevant forum to post this in that'd be great thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you 3D print little prisms that bend a light ray by a specified angle?

Perhaps have several lamps each with a hole that projects part of the logo.

Related to How can I create a unique projection of my company logo on light shades?

What is complex lighting modeling?

Complex lighting modeling is a process used in computer graphics to simulate the interaction of light with different surfaces and materials. It involves creating a virtual environment where light sources, objects, and materials are accurately represented to achieve realistic lighting effects.

Why is complex lighting modeling important?

Complex lighting modeling is important because it allows for more realistic and visually appealing graphics in computer-generated images and animations. It helps create a sense of depth, texture, and realism in the virtual environment by accurately representing how light interacts with different surfaces and materials.

What are the key components of complex lighting modeling?

The key components of complex lighting modeling include light sources, materials, and the interactions between them. Light sources can include natural sources like the sun or artificial sources like lamps. Materials refer to the surface properties of objects, such as reflectance, transparency, and roughness. The interactions between light sources and materials are simulated using various algorithms to create realistic lighting effects.

What techniques are used in complex lighting modeling?

Some common techniques used in complex lighting modeling include ray tracing, radiosity, and global illumination. Ray tracing follows the path of light rays to determine how they interact with objects and surfaces in the virtual environment. Radiosity calculates the indirect lighting in a scene by considering the diffusion and reflection of light. Global illumination techniques simulate the interactions of light with multiple surfaces and objects to create more realistic lighting effects.

How is complex lighting modeling used in different industries?

Complex lighting modeling is used in various industries, including film and television, video games, product design, and architecture. In film and television, it is used to create realistic and immersive environments. In video games, it helps create more visually appealing and immersive gaming experiences. In product design and architecture, it allows for accurate representations of lighting in different environments to aid in the design process.