How Can a Sci-Fi Novel Balance Real Physics with Fictional Technology?

• Thread starter yotta
  • Start date
In summary, a beginning sci-fi writer is someone who is just starting out in the genre of science fiction writing. This person may have a passion for science and technology, and a vivid imagination that allows them to create unique and imaginative worlds. As a beginner, they may be learning the ropes of world-building, character development, and plot construction, while also exploring different sub-genres within science fiction such as space opera, cyberpunk, or dystopian fiction. With dedication and practice, a beginning sci-fi writer has the potential to become a successful and influential author in the realm of science fiction.
yotta
Hi, I'm in the beginning stages of writing my first sci-fi/fantasy novel, and I want the physics to be correct, to stay within the bounds of how we know things work, as much as possible. However, if the story requires technology we'd consider to be impossible, then I'd want to come up with some sort of plausible explanation.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, just wanted to let you know I saw your reply. Will post again when I have more time, Weds. at the earliest.

Hello, again. I've re-registered using the same username. Will be posting on the Writing and World Building Forum sometime soon. (Might have some questions first.)