How best to install a pressure sensor inside a pipe?

as919461
Dear memebers,
I have a test setup with a pipe (25 mm dia) having certain holes with a suction fan at the end of pipe. I need to check the suction pressure generated in the holes. What type of sensors can i use to install inside the pipe (above the hole in the mainstream) which doesn't disturb the flow profile and have a precision of mili Pa. Thank you. )

Engineering news on Phys.org
Inside the pipe? A pressure port on the side won’t work?

You’re already looking at putting a hole in the pipe wall for wires, right? And what exactly are you expecting to find different between the center of the pipe and the wall of it, especially at that diameter?

As an additional complication for putting the sensor in the flow, it will disrupt said flow and cause pressure changes as the fluid flows past it. On a much larger pipe, say, 150mm, it would probably be a minimum issue, but at your scale… it’ll be noticeable.

Welcome to PF.
as919461 said:
I need to check the suction pressure generated in the holes. What type of sensors can i use to install inside the pipe ... and have a precision of mili Pa.
If the pressure outside the pipe is 1 atm = 100 kPa, and you want 1 mPa resolution, that is 100 kPa / 1 mPa, which is 8 orders of magnitude. That will take some doing.

You need to reconsider what you are doing and why.

Likes Tom.G