High(er) Levels Maths problem books?

In summary, a new international baccalaureate student is seeking book recommendations for solving conceptual math problems involving real-life situations and various mathematical concepts like vectors, differentiation, integration, matrices, and complex uses of sine and cosine rule. A suggestion is given for "My Best Mathematical and Logic Puzzles" by Gardner.
folb695
Hello Guys,

I am new to this forum, but have recently fallen in love with physics and maths.

I am an international baccalaureate student, who studies maths, and was wondering whether any of you could suggest any books to help with a certain kind of problem.

At the end of our papers, we have questions that are not just straight processes, but the application of mathematical concepts. Suffice to say, I have never done anything like this during GCSE, and I was wondering whether anyone knows of any books that present problems that require the same kind of conceptual (everything is relative guys, I'm sorry if this is offensive) mathematical problem solving.

These involve things like real life situations based on things like Vectors, differentiation, integration, matrixes, complex uses of sine and cosine rule, just to give you a flavor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

L

Physics news on Phys.org
How about:

My Best Mathematical and Logic Puzzles - Gardner

Tons of fun and very informative!

Solsticefire

Related to High(er) Levels Maths problem books?

1. What are "High(er) Levels Maths problem books"?

"High(er) Levels Maths problem books" refer to advanced mathematics textbooks or workbooks that cover topics beyond the basic high school curriculum. These books are typically used by students who are preparing for university-level mathematics courses or competitions.

2. Who can benefit from using "High(er) Levels Maths problem books"?

These books are most beneficial for students who have a strong foundation in high school mathematics and are looking to challenge themselves further. They are also useful for students who are interested in pursuing a career in mathematics or related fields.

3. What topics are typically covered in "High(er) Levels Maths problem books"?

The topics covered in these books vary, but they often include advanced algebra, geometry, calculus, number theory, and statistics. Some books may also cover topics like discrete mathematics, combinatorics, or graph theory.

4. How can "High(er) Levels Maths problem books" be used effectively?

These books should be used as a supplement to regular coursework or as a tool for self-study. It is important to work through the problems systematically, starting with easier ones and gradually progressing to more difficult ones. It is also helpful to seek guidance from a teacher or tutor when needed.

5. Are there any benefits to using "High(er) Levels Maths problem books"?

Yes, there are many benefits to using these books. They can help improve problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and logical reasoning. They also provide exposure to advanced mathematical concepts that may not be covered in regular coursework. Additionally, using these books can help prepare students for university-level mathematics courses and competitions.