Heyy, i've had a telescope before and know how to use them.Has

• Stargazing
  • Thread starter nickthrop101
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Telescope
In summary, the conversation is about getting a second telescope within the price range of £100-£200. One person recommends a Sky-Watcher Dobsonian Skyliner150P for £100, while another suggests spending an extra £80 for a Sky-Watcher Dobsonian Skyliner-200 for better quality. Another person advises against getting a telescope larger than 8" for portability reasons.
nickthrop101
Heyy, I've had a telescope before and know how to use them.
Has anyone got any advice on a second model that I could get for my second telescope.
Between the price range of £100-£200.
thanks guys :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org

This is a good one...
http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/sky-watcher/dobsonian/skyliner150P.html

...but I would spend the extra 80 quid and get this one.
http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/telescopes/sky-watcher/dobsonians/skyliner-200.html

chemisttree said:
This is a good one...
http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/sky-watcher/dobsonian/skyliner150P.html

...but I would spend the extra 80 quid and get this one.
http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/telescopes/sky-watcher/dobsonians/skyliner-200.html

this is good advice. Dobsons make wonderful starter scopes.

An 8" cat is a very good scope. Can be had for under 2k on ebay. A 6" cat can often be had for under 1k on ebay. I would advise against going over 8" due to portability issues.

Hello there! It's great to hear that you have previous experience with using a telescope. As for your question about a second model, there are a few things to consider when choosing a telescope within your price range of £100-£200. First, think about what type of objects you want to observe - planets, stars, galaxies, etc. This will help determine the aperture size and focal length that would be suitable for your needs. Additionally, consider the mount type - equatorial or alt-azimuth - as this will affect how easy it is to track objects in the sky. It's also important to check for any additional features such as computerized controls or accessories that may come with the telescope. I would recommend doing some research and reading reviews to find a model that fits your specific needs and budget. Good luck!

Related to Heyy, i've had a telescope before and know how to use them.Has

1. What types of objects can be seen with a telescope?

Telescopes can be used to see a variety of objects in the night sky, including planets, stars, galaxies, and nebulae. The type of telescope you have and its magnification power will determine which objects are visible.

2. How do I properly set up and use a telescope?

To set up a telescope, you will need to find a stable surface and align it with the North Star. Then, you can attach the eyepiece and adjust the focus to see objects clearly. It may take some practice to get comfortable with using a telescope, but most come with detailed instructions for proper use.

3. Can a telescope be used during the day?

Yes, a telescope can be used during the day to view objects such as the Moon, planets, and even distant mountains or buildings. However, the bright sunlight may make it more difficult to see these objects clearly.

4. Can I see other planets with a telescope?

Yes, with a telescope, you can see other planets in our solar system such as Mars, Saturn, and Jupiter. However, the image may not be as clear as what you see in photos from NASA or other space agencies.

5. How far can a telescope see into space?

The distance a telescope can see into space depends on its size and magnification power. Some larger telescopes can see objects millions of light-years away, while smaller ones may only be able to see objects in our own galaxy.