Help with income raise problem, possible exponential problem?

In summary: UIn summary, the conversation is about calculating the income for the tenth year of working based on a starting salary of $60,000 with a 7% annual increase. The person asking for help is unsure if the equation is exponential and is looking for assistance. The response is to consider the salary for each year, starting with the first year, to find the answer.
calcunoob

Homework Statement

Hi,
This is probably an easy equation and I know this is the pre-cal section and this is for my engineering math class but I feel like people in a pre-cal forum should be able to help! I'm writing an essay for my engineering math class and I am trying to calculate the income I will be earning by my tenth year of working. If my starting salary is $60,000 and that salary increases at a rate of 7% per year for ten years, what would my income be in the tenth year? THE ANSWER IS NOT 60,000 * .07x + 60,000! That's not what I'm looking for because you don't only get 60,000 plus 7% of 60,000 every year, if that makes sense... I think this may be an exponential equation but I'm not sure. I feel like an idiot because I'm in calculus too but for whatever reason I can't figure this out >.< Thank you!

Homework Equations

It's NOT 60,000 + (60,000 * .07x), I believe the answer will be an exponential equation.

The Attempt at a Solution

60,000 + (60,000 * .07x) <--- Not the right equation. Haha

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Please help :( lol

calcunoob said:
Please help :( lol

OK. If you earn $60,000 in Year 1, what do you earn in Year 2? What do you earn in Year 3? Keep going.

RGV

Related to Help with income raise problem, possible exponential problem?

1. What is an income raise problem?

An income raise problem refers to a situation where an individual's income is not increasing at the desired rate, causing financial strain and difficulty in meeting expenses.

2. What is an exponential problem in the context of income raise?

An exponential problem in the context of income raise refers to a situation where the income increase is not linear but instead grows at an exponential rate, making it difficult to manage and sustain in the long run.

3. How can I identify if I have an income raise problem?

You can identify an income raise problem by analyzing your current income and expenses. If your expenses are consistently increasing and your income is not keeping up, it could be a sign of an income raise problem.

4. What are the potential causes of an income raise problem?

There could be various causes of an income raise problem, such as a stagnant job market, lack of skills or qualifications for higher-paying jobs, or personal financial mismanagement.

5. What steps can I take to solve an income raise problem?

To solve an income raise problem, you can consider various options such as negotiating for a raise or promotion at your current job, acquiring new skills or qualifications, looking for higher-paying job opportunities, or reducing expenses to increase savings. Seeking financial advice from a professional can also be helpful in finding a solution.