Help for power system analysis software

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for the full versions of ETAP 7.50 and MI Power software. They ask for help and express frustration with their search on Google. Another person mentions that the software is likely paid and requires complex mathematical calculations.
akmal89
i am looking for full version of:

1) etap 7.50 software
2) mi power software

can anyone help me?

my hunting in google jungle makes me crazy

Engineering news on Phys.org
akmal89 said:
i am looking for full version of:

1) etap 7.50 software
2) mi power software

can anyone help me?

my hunting in google jungle makes me crazy

Floid said:
http://etap.com/electrical-power-system-software/new-etap-software.htm

http://www.mipowersoftware.com/

Not sure what was so hard about that, they were both the first link that came up when you typed them in google.

Could be that he was trying to find free versions of the software. Looks to be regular paid software packages.

berkeman said:
Could be that he was trying to find free versions of the software. Looks to be regular paid software packages.

And from what I know about power system analysis for Automatic Generation Control, trying to simulate one mathematically requires lots of matrix manipulations (for varying system loads). If I ever wrote a software package for this, I'd like to get paid. :wink:

Related to Help for power system analysis software

1. What is power system analysis software?

Power system analysis software is a computer program that is specifically designed to help engineers and researchers analyze and optimize the performance of power systems. It uses mathematical models and algorithms to simulate and analyze the behavior of electrical networks, such as power grids, to identify potential issues and improve the overall efficiency and stability of the system.

2. What are the main features of power system analysis software?

The main features of power system analysis software include load flow analysis, short circuit analysis, transient stability analysis, and harmonic analysis. These features allow users to assess the performance of a power system under different conditions, predict potential failures, and optimize the system for maximum efficiency and reliability.

3. How can power system analysis software benefit power system engineers?

Power system analysis software can greatly benefit power system engineers by providing them with a powerful tool to analyze complex electrical networks and make informed decisions. It can help engineers identify potential issues and optimize the system for better performance, leading to cost savings, improved reliability, and enhanced safety.

4. What types of power system analysis software are available?

There are various types of power system analysis software available, ranging from simple, user-friendly programs to more advanced, industry-specific software. Some popular examples include PSS/E, ETAP, DIgSILENT, and PowerWorld. The type of software needed will depend on the specific application and the complexity of the power system being analyzed.

5. Is training required to use power system analysis software?

While some basic knowledge of power systems and electrical engineering is helpful, most power system analysis software comes with user-friendly interfaces and tutorials to help guide users. However, for more advanced features and applications, training may be necessary to fully utilize the software's capabilities.