Help Find Title of Song from Clinton Library Grand Opening

• Music
  • Thread starter PrudensOptimus
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a song that the speaker heard during the grand opening of the William J. Clinton Library ceremony. The song is called "This land is your land" by Woody Guthrie and was likely performed by a member of the navy or marine corps. The speaker is asking for help in finding the title of the song. Another participant in the conversation recalls singing this song in school along with other patriotic songs.
PrudensOptimus
Hello,

Recently I was watching William J. Clinton Library grand opening ceremony, and a song came into my ear. It goes like "... california sunshine... to new york island..." and if memory serves it was performed by navy or marine corps and it was just 1 guy, not a choire.
Help me find the title please guys.

-Regards,

Science news on Phys.org
It's a song by Woody Guthrie called "This land is your land". Here are the lyrics.

http://www.arlo.net/lyrics/this-land.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that's it. We used to have to sing it in school...there was a variety of patriotic songs we sang after the Pledge of Allegiance. They had lyrics like, "Oh say can you see by the dawnzerlee light..." :smile:

Related to Help Find Title of Song from Clinton Library Grand Opening

1. What is the name of the song from the Clinton Library Grand Opening?

The song from the Clinton Library Grand Opening is called "My City" by the artist, Little Rock Nine.

2. Who wrote the song for the Clinton Library Grand Opening?

The song "My City" was written specifically for the Clinton Library Grand Opening by the artist, Little Rock Nine.

3. Where can I find the song from the Clinton Library Grand Opening?

The song "My City" can be found on various music streaming platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, and YouTube.

4. Is the song from the Clinton Library Grand Opening available for purchase?

Yes, the song "My City" is available for purchase on online music stores such as iTunes and Amazon Music.

5. Are there any other songs associated with the Clinton Library Grand Opening?

At this time, "My City" is the only song officially associated with the Clinton Library Grand Opening. However, there may be other songs performed or played at the event that are not officially associated with it.