Hello people, Greetings from India :)

• Thread starter darthcoder
  • Start date
In summary, this message is a friendly greeting from someone in India to people all around the world. The use of emoticons and the phrase "Hello people" convey a warm and welcoming tone, making the reader feel included and appreciated. The mention of India adds a cultural element and the use of a smiley face at the end adds a sense of positivity and friendliness. Overall, this brief message serves as a simple yet effective way to connect with others and spread positivity.
darthcoder
I was pursuing a PhD in Mechanical Engineering, but I had to unfortunately drop out due to health reasons. Now I'm working in the financial sector. I have a broad interest in Physics, but also in things that relate to Engineering, because there is frankly a lot of hand waving in Engineering education that didn't frankly work with me.

I like to think from 'first principles' and not have to rote-memorise formulas. This approach worked okay in some areas like Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Nuclear Engineering (I did some courses of these). I am also interested in Computational approaches as I was exposed to a lot of CFD in my grad days. But I tended to use commercially available CFD codes as a sort of black-box. I'm looking to get more insights into that.

I'm also interested in the Mathematical underpinnings of the Physical Sciences. Lately I've been listening to lectures from Santa Fe Institute and reading through Sync by Steven Strogatz, so that is another area I'm interested in that area too.

I'm also interested in Finance and Economics so that I get better at my job, things like Risk analysis and others as they relate to my work in the Industry.

Likes DrTherapist and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

I hope you will have fun and that you can learn a lot. Stay curious!

Likes DrTherapist