Have You Been Stuck on 248 Posts?

• Thread starter Tom McCurdy
  • Start date
In summary, there seems to be a discrepancy with the post count on the site, but it is due to the fact that posts to the General Discussion section do not count towards the overall post count. This is because the site wants to focus on scientific contributions rather than general discussions.
Tom McCurdy
it may be my imagination but it seems like i have been stuck on 248 posts for the last 10 posts or so

is there a problem or am i just wrong.

Physics news on Phys.org
Just wrong--- lol 249 now 250 i swear though

Posts to General Discussion do not count towards your post count.

- Warren

chroot said:
Posts to General Discussion do not count towards your post count.

- Warren

Oh, why is that?

We'd prefer a member's post count to reflect their contributions to the scientific parts of the site only, since that's the site's real purpose.

- Warren

oh
so i am not going insane I was just comming b ack here

chroot said:
We'd prefer a member's post count to reflect their contributions to the scientific parts of the site only, since that's the site's real purpose.

- Warren

Fair enough.

Related to Have You Been Stuck on 248 Posts?

1. What does being "stuck on 248 posts" mean?

Being stuck on 248 posts refers to the phenomenon of a social media user being unable to publish or upload any new posts or content, despite attempting to do so multiple times.

2. Why does being stuck on 248 posts happen?

This can happen due to various technical glitches or issues with the social media platform, such as server errors, internet connectivity problems, or bugs in the system.

3. How long does being stuck on 248 posts typically last?

The duration of being stuck on 248 posts can vary depending on the cause of the issue and the responsiveness of the social media platform. It can range from a few minutes to several hours or even days.

4. How can I fix being stuck on 248 posts?

If the issue is on the social media platform's end, there is not much that can be done except waiting for the problem to be resolved. However, if the issue persists, it is recommended to reach out to the platform's customer support for assistance.

5. Can being stuck on 248 posts be prevented?

Unfortunately, there is no surefire way to prevent this issue from occurring. However, regularly updating the app or clearing the cache may help minimize the chances of experiencing this problem.