Hate Doing History Posters? Me Too!

• History
  • Thread starter moose
  • Start date
In summary: It's just a waste of time and a waste of paper.In summary, the posters are a waste of time and paper.
moose
Have I ever mentioned...

how much I hate doing posters for history?

They are utterly pointless, yet they take so long to do! :cry: :cry: I can be done with all the information, know exactly what it will look like, in an extremely low amount of time, but putting it together takes forever if I want it to look good .

I don't understand why my teacher assigns these things :devil:

Science news on Phys.org
No. To my knowledge you've never mentioned this before. :smile:
But if you are ever in a position in life where you have to sell or explain a product/project you are working on to a group of people who don't understand it (could be your clients, or your company VIPs), it's a good exercise. So take heart, you're not wasting your time. It's important to learn how to break down and simplify information. Sometimes communicating visually is the best way to get your point across.

I'm still working on it :(

If only this could be all on computer, grr.

I only have 3 hours left until I "wake up" O.O

I better finish!

I hope you got it all done - and got a little bit of sleep! Poor kid. I sympathize with you. I spent all weekend working on a presentation for a chemistry class.

moose said:
I'm still working on it :(

If only this could be all on computer, grr.

I only have 3 hours left until I "wake up" O.O

I better finish!
Yes, you should ask the teacher if you could do a power point presentation instead.

When I was in high school I always spent my time in class doodling, so much so that the teachers stopped trying to tell me not to. I didn't mind making the posters but I never understood why we were making them and I was one of those kids that they were supposed to be apealing to through these projects. They didn't even make us add much information into the thing just draw pictures or make a collage like we were in a grade school art class or something. I seriously don't think it ever helped me or anyone else learn anything more about what ever subject we were studying.

Related to Hate Doing History Posters? Me Too!

1. Why do we have to do history posters?

History posters are a common way for students to demonstrate their understanding of historical events and concepts. They also allow for creativity and visual representation, making it a more engaging way to learn about history.

2. How can I make my history poster more interesting?

There are many ways to make your history poster more interesting, such as using colorful images, incorporating interactive elements, or adding interesting facts or quotes. You can also try using different fonts or layouts to make it visually appealing.

3. What is the purpose of a history poster?

The purpose of a history poster is to educate and inform others about a specific historical event, person, or concept. It also allows for critical thinking and analysis as students must research and organize information in a visually appealing way.

4. How can I effectively research for my history poster?

To effectively research for your history poster, start by identifying reliable sources such as books, articles, and reputable websites. Take notes and organize your information into categories to make it easier to present on your poster. Don't forget to cite your sources!

5. Is it important to include a bibliography on my history poster?

Yes, it is important to include a bibliography on your history poster to give credit to the sources you used in your research. It also shows the credibility of your information and allows others to further explore the topic.