Greg Bernhardt: A Thank You From DrWho

• Thread starter DrWho
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker, Greg, reconnects with someone who was an admin on a forum years ago. He thanks them for treating him with respect during a difficult time when he was going through a psychotic episode. He also mentions that he is still interested in science and has found similarities between his ideas during his episode and philosophical and logical paradoxes. He attributes his change in perspective to medication.
DrWho
I remember you, but I'm not sure if you remember me, Greg.
It was years back and the forum you were an admin on was much different than this. It looked much like www.physics-forums.com[/URL] actually, except there were actually people there. Anyway, are you still here and is this your new site? I just wanted to tell you how much of a difference you made to me back then, I was going through hard times and having a psychotic episode. Everyone was mad at you for putting me up on the mentor/moderator level on the theoretical physics forum because my ideas were obviously insane. Your one of the few people who ever treated me with respect when I was psychotic. It is obviously hard when people treat you like your doing something wrong when your delusional. I was not very popuar back then. I just wanted to tell you how I am doing and thank you for your support back then. I'm still interested in science, and have found some of the ideas I was ranting about in my psychotic episodes are similar to philisophical and logical paradoxes people have been considering for ages. I'm still interested in them, and unexplained phenomina now, but I look at it all from a much more grounded perspective. I think it has something to do with my medication. :)
Sorry about the typos,
DrWho

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Asmaa Mohammad
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi DrWho,

I am sorry but I don't off hand remember you. I'm sure it has been awhile :smile:

I appreciate your kind comments and I'm glad everything worked out ok and that I could help.

Welcome back :smile:

Last edited:

Related to Greg Bernhardt: A Thank You From DrWho

1. Who is Greg Bernhardt?

Greg Bernhardt is the founder and CEO of Physics Forums, the world's largest online community for scientists and students. He is also a physicist and mathematician with a PhD from the University of Pittsburgh.

2. Why did DrWho thank Greg Bernhardt?

DrWho, a member of Physics Forums, thanked Greg Bernhardt for creating and maintaining the platform that allows scientists and students to connect and share knowledge and ideas with each other.

3. How has Greg Bernhardt impacted the scientific community?

Greg Bernhardt's creation of Physics Forums has greatly impacted the scientific community by providing a platform for collaboration and knowledge sharing among scientists and students worldwide. It has also helped to make scientific information more accessible and understandable to the general public.

4. What makes Physics Forums unique?

Physics Forums stands out from other online communities because it is solely focused on science and mathematics. It also has a strict moderation policy to ensure high-quality discussions and a friendly atmosphere for all members.

5. How can I get involved with Physics Forums?

Anyone can join Physics Forums for free and start participating in discussions, asking questions, and sharing their knowledge. There are also opportunities to become a volunteer mentor or contribute to the community through writing articles or creating educational content.