Graphmatica and equations for a christmas tree

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of graphmatica for creating equations to make a Christmas tree. The user suggests plotting numerous points to simulate lines, but it is mentioned that this may not work due to the vertical line restriction in the curve. Unfortunately, there is no way to draw lines after plotting points.
williamsk
Hey does anyone know how to use graphmatica.

I need to create equations to make a christmas tree.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics Forums williamsk!

I do personally have graphmatica, although I can not think of anyway to plot a Christmas tree, and I'm almost certain any relation that would draw a Christmas tree would not work in graphmatica. Sorry :( If the equation doesn't matter as much as the shape, just plot in lots and lots of points to make the tree.

Thanks

Is their anyway of drawing lines after you have plot the points

Nope, usually when you plot some points the program can get a curve to somewhat fit the points, but a christmas tree will have lots of points on a vertical line, ie some x values will have many y values. Since this means that the curve is not a function, this severly restricts our ability to find a curve to fit the data. So basically, not :( But each point is represented by a fat circle, if you plotted enough it would look like a line.

Related to Graphmatica and equations for a christmas tree

1. How do I use Graphmatica to graph a Christmas tree?

To graph a Christmas tree, you will need to use the "Parametric" option in Graphmatica. This will allow you to enter equations for the x and y coordinates of the points on the graph. You can then use equations for the shape of a Christmas tree, such as a triangle or a sine curve, to create the desired graph.

2. What are some equations that can be used to create a Christmas tree graph?

Some equations that can be used to create a Christmas tree graph include: y = sin(x), y = |sin(x)|, y = -|sin(x)|, y = -|cos(x)|, y = |cos(x)|, and y = -|tan(x)|. These equations can be adjusted to create different shapes and sizes of Christmas trees.

3. Can I customize the color and style of the Christmas tree graph?

Yes, you can customize the color and style of the Christmas tree graph in Graphmatica. You can change the color of the lines and points, as well as adjust the thickness and style of the lines. This can be done by selecting the "Style" option in the Graphmatica menu.

4. How do I add decorations to the Christmas tree graph?

To add decorations to the Christmas tree graph, you can use the "Point" option in Graphmatica. This will allow you to plot individual points on the graph, which can be used to represent ornaments or lights on the tree. You can also adjust the color and size of these points to add more customization.

5. Can I save and share my Christmas tree graph from Graphmatica?

Yes, you can save and share your Christmas tree graph from Graphmatica. You can save the graph as an image file, which can then be shared through email or social media. You can also save the graph as a Graphmatica file, which can be opened and edited later on.