Good course in training calculus skills?

In summary, the conversation discusses finding a good course for training calculus skills. The person asking the question has a theoretical background but needs more practice and is recommended a book with the ISBN 0070415234.
Bert
Hello,

Where can I find a good course in training calculus skills?

Thanks.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
You've just arrived!
Start firing off your questions here at PF!:smile:

Start firing off your questions here at PF!

What do you mean by PF ??

Physics Forums

What mathematical background do you have? That is pretty important in recommending a good resource.

Last edited:
I have study the classical calculus from limits to integrals line integrals dubble tripple en differential equations.

So I have a theoretical background but not good skills.

So I need practise from the basic things to more advandce.

Greets.

Thank you verry much this book will probely help me.

Do someone know the isbn number?

Greets.

ISBN: 0070415234

Amazon displays the ISBN on the site.

oké thanks.

Related to Good course in training calculus skills?

What is calculus and why is it important?

Calculus is a branch of mathematics that deals with rates of change and accumulation. It is important because it is widely used in many fields such as physics, engineering, economics, and statistics. It also helps us understand the behavior of complex systems and make precise predictions.

What are the key skills needed to master calculus?

The key skills needed to master calculus include a strong foundation in algebra and trigonometry, understanding of basic concepts such as limits and derivatives, ability to visualize graphs and equations, and problem-solving skills.

How can I improve my calculus skills?

To improve your calculus skills, it is important to practice regularly, seek help from a tutor or teacher when needed, and understand the underlying concepts rather than just memorizing formulas. It is also helpful to work on challenging problems and review your mistakes to learn from them.

What are some common mistakes to avoid in calculus?

Some common mistakes to avoid in calculus include mixing up variables, forgetting to use the chain rule, not simplifying expressions, and not checking for extraneous solutions. It is also important to carefully interpret the meaning of the problem and use appropriate notation.

How can I apply calculus in real life?

Calculus has many real-life applications, such as determining the optimal path for a rocket, predicting stock market trends, and designing efficient structures. It can also be used in everyday situations like calculating rates of change, finding the maximum or minimum value of a function, and solving optimization problems.