Goldstein 3ed Classical mechanics solutions

In summary, the individual is inquiring about a way to access all of the solutions from Goldstein's book. They already have some solutions, but not all of them. The suggested method is to check if there is a solution manual available, either by contacting the publisher or asking at a bookstore. However, it is important to note that sharing illegal copies or downloads is discouraged and the conversation will be closed. The possibility of a university website having a solution manual is also mentioned.
undividable
is there a way for me see EVERY solution from goldstein's book? i already have some solutions, but not every one

Physics news on Phys.org
undividable said:
is there a way for me see EVERY solution from goldstein's book? i already have some solutions, but not every one
You can look if there is a solution manual available, e.g. send the publisher an email or ask in a book store about it. This would be the official way. As we don't want to encourage students to share illegal downloads or copies, I'll close this thread.

Edit: In case someone knows a solution manual available on a university's website, please let me know.

Last edited:

Related to Goldstein 3ed Classical mechanics solutions

1. What is the purpose of "Goldstein 3ed Classical mechanics solutions"?

The purpose of "Goldstein 3ed Classical mechanics solutions" is to provide a comprehensive and detailed guide for solving problems in classical mechanics. It is commonly used as a textbook for undergraduate and graduate courses in physics and engineering.

2. Is "Goldstein 3ed Classical mechanics solutions" suitable for beginners?

No, "Goldstein 3ed Classical mechanics solutions" is not suitable for beginners as it assumes a strong background in mathematics and physics. It is recommended for students who have taken introductory courses in mechanics and have a solid understanding of calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra.

3. How is "Goldstein 3ed Classical mechanics solutions" different from other textbooks on classical mechanics?

"Goldstein 3ed Classical mechanics solutions" is known for its rigorous and mathematical approach to classical mechanics. It covers a wide range of topics including Lagrangian and Hamiltonian mechanics, rigid body dynamics, and small oscillations. It also includes advanced topics such as canonical transformations and Hamilton-Jacobi theory.

4. Are there any resources available to supplement "Goldstein 3ed Classical mechanics solutions"?

Yes, there are various online resources and study guides available that can help supplement the material covered in "Goldstein 3ed Classical mechanics solutions". Additionally, many universities offer supplementary problem sets and study sessions for students using this textbook.

5. Can "Goldstein 3ed Classical mechanics solutions" be used for self-study?

Yes, "Goldstein 3ed Classical mechanics solutions" can be used for self-study, but it may be challenging for individuals without a strong background in physics and mathematics. It is recommended to have access to a tutor or study group for clarification and assistance with solving problems.