God I hate this stupid question, but my friends are all arguing again, sooo

In summary, belief in God is a personal and complex matter influenced by various factors such as upbringing, culture, and personal experiences. The question of why a loving God allows suffering and injustice is subjective and varies among different religious beliefs. While there is no scientific evidence for the existence of God, many people find spiritual fulfillment in their belief in a higher power. It is possible to believe in God without following organized religion, and the existence of God cannot be proven or disproven through scientific or logical means. Ultimately, it is a matter of personal belief and should be respected as such.
schattenjaeger
does .999~ = 1 or not?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Yes. What is the numerical difference between them? You'll be writing 0 for an infinite time to try to express that value. That value is 0.

There have been other threads on this question.

Nooooooooooooo, not again! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm sorry Schattenjaeger, but this topic has been talked about exhaustively. I'm closing it. Anyone interested can browse the previous instances.

Related to God I hate this stupid question, but my friends are all arguing again, sooo

1. Why do some people believe in God while others don't?

Belief in God is a complex and personal matter that is influenced by a variety of factors such as upbringing, culture, personal experiences, and individual perspectives. Some people may find comfort and purpose in believing in a higher power, while others may find meaning and fulfillment through other means. Ultimately, it is a personal decision and should be respected as such.

2. How can a loving God allow suffering and injustice in the world?

This is a difficult question that has been debated for centuries. Some believe that suffering and injustice are a result of human free will, while others see it as a test of faith or a necessary part of a larger plan. Ultimately, the answer is subjective and varies among different religious beliefs and interpretations of God.

3. Is there scientific evidence for the existence of God?

Science and religion are two different ways of understanding the world, and they are not mutually exclusive. While there is no scientific proof of God's existence, there are many things that science cannot explain, and many people find spiritual fulfillment and meaning in their belief in a higher power. Ultimately, the existence of God is a matter of faith, not scientific evidence.

4. Can one believe in God without following organized religion?

Yes, it is possible to believe in God without following a specific religious tradition. Many people have personal, individual relationships with a higher power without adhering to organized religion. It is important to respect and accept different beliefs and practices as long as they do not harm others.

5. How can we prove or disprove the existence of God?

The existence of God is a matter of belief and faith, not something that can be proven or disproven through scientific or logical means. It ultimately comes down to an individual's personal beliefs and experiences. It is important to respect and accept different beliefs and perspectives on this topic.