Global properties of the universe

south
TL;DR Summary
Is there any relationship with global properties of the universe and it's own physical constants ?
Could some properties of universe, e.g. average density, size, CMB temperature, be determined by known physical constants, such as average nucleon mass, Avogadro number, Boltzmann constant, C, Stefan-Boltzmann constant, gravitational constant G , that is, usual constants?

Space news on Phys.org
Many of the constants you mention are arbitrary conventions set by our choice of physical units. So mostly no for any of those.

To give any physical relevance, a constant must introduce something of physical relevance, such as the fine-structure constant.

Likes south
Thank you Orodruin for assisting me. What you expose is doubly interesting because it contradicts my expectation.

My expectation: If the universe exhibits characteristic constants, I expect that some global properties (without going into fine details) are tied to those constants and it is possible to calculate such properties by taking the constants as data.

Now I have given up my expectation. If it is possible to expand a little more, that would help me. Thank you.

Orodruin said:
Many of the constants you mention are arbitrary conventions
And most, if not all, are not even constant!

Likes south
Vanadium 50 said:
Thank you Vanadium 50 for helping me.

Wow! My surprise grows. What you have expressed has lowered my expectations even more. What a science assumes to be constants are not constants? Things get fascinating. If it is possible for you to expand, it would help me.

south said:
If it is possible for you to expand
That's the key. The universe is expanding. And cooling.

So its density is going down.
Its size is going up.
The CMB is becoming less intense and lower in frequency.
And so on.

Does it mean that in this scenario my question refers to indeterminate terms?

Vanadium 50 said:
south said:
known physical constants, such as average nucleon mass, Avogadro number, Boltzmann constant, C, Stefan-Boltzmann constant, gravitational constant G
I count half defined constants … unless you use geometrized units and also put G = 1. The Stefan-Boltzmann constant is also a combination of defined constants and is therefore also constant by definition.

Likes south
The range of information provided in the posts has grown. Compacting a little would help me. Can I extract, as a compact answer, that physical constants do not encode the global properties of the universe?

south said:
that physical constants do not encode the global properties of the universe?
First, those are words. The truth is in the math.

Second, those are your words. We need to flesh out what you need.

Finally, you can complain that you didn't get a nice sound bite for an answer. But knowledge is not just a collection of sound bites.

Likes jbriggs444, PhDeezNutz and south
Thank you very much Vanadium 50. Your support is very useful for me.