Get Marlon Brando Picture for Your Name - Big Problem

• Thread starter marlon
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about avatars on a website. The user is asking if it is possible to have a custom avatar of their favorite actor, Marlon Brando. They are then informed that only contributors are able to have custom avatars, and that those who had avatars prior to an upgrade were able to keep them. It is mentioned that borrowed avatars from the website quickly disappeared.
marlon
Hi y'all,...

I got a big problem. I would really like a cool picture of my all time favourite actor under my name...How do I do this, is this even possible ?

thanks in advance

regards
marlon

eeuuhh, for those who did not get it yet... the picture will be one of Marlon Brando ofcourse... :wink: :cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
You have to be a contributor now to get a picture (avatar). Only non-contributors that had avatars prior to the last upgrade still have them.

hey then i must be very lucky to still have mine then

The link to contribute is in my sig, if you're interested.

Only non-contributors that had avatars prior to the last upgrade still have them.

I had an avatar prior to the last upgrade. Then, after a few days, it disappeared...

Maybe you tried to edit it?

No, enigma, I think it has to do that it was a avatar that you picked from the site itself. I also had an avatar, but I picked it from the selected ones on the site. I think only the people who had custom avatars prior kept them.

Paden Roder

PRodQuanta said:
No, enigma, I think it has to do that it was a avatar that you picked from the site itself. I also had an avatar, but I picked it from the selected ones on the site. I think only the people who had custom avatars prior kept them.

Paden Roder

Yep, that's what happened to me too (I wasn't a contributor yet). I think you're right about that. If you had a "borrowed" avatar from PF, those very quickly disappeared. Those who had custom avatars seem to have gotten to keep those, at least until they make the mistake of trying to change them.

Related to Get Marlon Brando Picture for Your Name - Big Problem

What is "Get Marlon Brando Picture for Your Name - Big Problem"?

"Get Marlon Brando Picture for Your Name - Big Problem" is a feature on some websites that allows users to replace their name with a picture of actor Marlon Brando.

Why is this feature called a "big problem"?

This feature has gained notoriety and controversy because it can potentially cause confusion and misrepresentation as users may use it to impersonate others or use it in inappropriate contexts.

What are the potential consequences of using this feature?

Using this feature can lead to identity theft, misrepresentation, and legal consequences if used for fraudulent purposes. It can also cause confusion and damage to one's reputation.

Is it legal to use this feature?

It is not illegal to use this feature, but it can lead to legal trouble if used for fraudulent or malicious purposes. It is important to use this feature responsibly and with consent from all parties involved.

How can I protect myself from the potential consequences of using this feature?

The best way to protect yourself is to not use this feature at all. If you do choose to use it, make sure to use it responsibly and with consent from all parties involved. Be aware of the potential consequences and think carefully before using it.