GEOLOGY Remote Sensing hepl me

In summary, remote sensing in geology is the use of satellite or aircraft-based sensors to collect data and images of the Earth's surface for geological analysis. It is used to identify and map geological features, monitor changes in the Earth's surface, and locate mineral resources. There are two main types of remote sensing used in geology - passive and active. Its advantages include quick and cost-effective coverage of large areas, access to remote or hazardous areas, and the ability to detect subtle differences in the Earth's surface. However, remote sensing also has limitations, such as the inability to directly measure underground features, reliance on image quality and weather conditions, and the potential need for ground-based investigations.
Amino
I am having a projet in remote sensing apply geology, a homewok assigmen. It's a digging me. :cry: :redface:
plZZZZZZZZZZ help me, contact me quick

Last edited by a moderator:
Technology news on Phys.org
Try searching Google for "Ground Penetrating Radar". Beyond that, search for "Remote Sensing", and one can add "Satellite".

Try this Remote Sensing Tutorial - http://rst.gsfc.nasa.gov/Front/tofc.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi there,

I understand that you are having difficulties with your project in remote sensing and applying geology. I can imagine how overwhelming and challenging it must be for you. First of all, take a deep breath and try not to panic. I am here to help you with some tips and suggestions.

Remote sensing is a powerful tool that allows us to study and understand the Earth's surface from a distance using various sensors and techniques. In the context of geology, remote sensing can be used to identify and map geological features such as rock types, fault lines, and mineral deposits.

For your project, it is important to have a clear understanding of your objectives and what you want to achieve with remote sensing. This will help you in selecting the right sensors and methods for your study. You can start by researching and familiarizing yourself with the basics of remote sensing and its applications in geology. There are plenty of online resources and tutorials available that can guide you through the process.

Additionally, it is essential to have a good understanding of the study area and its geological history. This will help you in interpreting the remote sensing data accurately. You can also consult with your professor or a geology expert for guidance and advice.

In terms of the homework assignment, make sure to read the instructions carefully and follow the guidelines provided by your professor. It is always a good idea to start early and not leave things until the last minute. If you are still struggling, don't hesitate to reach out to your classmates or professor for help.

I hope these suggestions will help you in completing your project and homework assignment successfully. Remember, it's okay to ask for help when you need it. Don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any further questions or concerns. Good luck!

Related to GEOLOGY Remote Sensing hepl me

1. What is remote sensing in geology?

Remote sensing in geology is the use of satellite or aircraft-based sensors to collect data and images of the Earth's surface for geological analysis. It allows geologists to study large areas that may be difficult to access on foot, and provides a broader perspective of the Earth's features and processes.

2. How is remote sensing used in geology?

Remote sensing is used in geology to identify and map geological features such as rock types, minerals, and landforms. It can also monitor changes in the Earth's surface over time, such as erosion and volcanic activity. This data can then be used to make geological maps, locate mineral resources, and plan for natural hazards.

3. What are the types of remote sensing used in geology?

The main types of remote sensing used in geology are passive and active. Passive remote sensing measures natural energy emitted or reflected from the Earth's surface, such as sunlight or thermal radiation. Active remote sensing uses its own energy source, such as radar or lidar, to illuminate the Earth's surface and measure the reflected signals.

4. What are the advantages of remote sensing in geology?

Remote sensing in geology has several advantages, including the ability to cover large areas quickly and cost-effectively, access remote or hazardous areas, and provide a broad overview of geological features. It also allows for the detection of subtle differences in the Earth's surface that may not be visible to the naked eye.

5. What are the limitations of remote sensing in geology?

While remote sensing is a powerful tool in geology, it has some limitations. One of the main limitations is the inability to directly measure underground features or structures. It also relies on the availability of good quality images and can be affected by weather conditions. Additionally, some geological features may be difficult to identify using remote sensing alone and may require ground-based investigations.