Generating SPWM using arduino-simulink environment

In summary, the conversation discusses the problem faced by the individual in generating sinusoidal pulse width modulation using arduino-simulink for their inverter board. They have installed the required support package and have checked the output from the Arduino pin, but the output from the CRO is distorted and does not show the desired SPWM wave. The individual provides their simulink configurations, including a fixed step size and specific frequencies for the triangle and sine waves. They seek assistance in solving the problem."
srinaath
hi all...am trying to generate sinusoidal pulse width modulation using arduino-simulink for my inverter board...I simulated the SPWM logic in simulink, then installed the required support package for arduino-simulink...but i am facing some problems...I started from basic...like linking arduino and PWM block as shown belowhttps://www.physicsforums.com/file:///C:\Users\ccbzak\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png I checked the output of Arduino pin11 from CRO and it was working fine….

Now I used this blocks to generate spwm…

https://www.physicsforums.com/file:///C:\Users\ccbzak\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.png

When I checked the output from CRO…..it was distorted…literally I didn’t get any SPWM wave…

Help me out with problem…

My Simulink configurations are

Solver: fixed step size

Step size:1e-5

Triangle wave frequency is 8KHz and sine wave is 50Hz…

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
ard_1.png

ard_2.png

Related to Generating SPWM using arduino-simulink environment

1. How can I generate SPWM using the Arduino-Simulink environment?

In order to generate SPWM (Sinusoidal Pulse Width Modulation) using the Arduino-Simulink environment, you will need an Arduino board, Simulink software, and a basic understanding of programming in both languages. First, you will need to set up the Arduino board and connect it to your computer. Then, in Simulink, you can use the PWM block to generate a square wave, and use a sine wave block to generate a sine wave. By varying the duty cycle of the square wave with the sine wave, you can produce a SPWM signal.

2. What is the benefit of using the Arduino-Simulink environment for generating SPWM?

The Arduino-Simulink environment provides an easy and efficient way to generate SPWM signals. It allows you to visually design your SPWM waveform using Simulink blocks, and then easily upload it to the Arduino board for real-time implementation. This saves time and effort compared to writing code from scratch.

3. Can I generate multiple SPWM signals using the Arduino-Simulink environment?

Yes, you can generate multiple SPWM signals using the Arduino-Simulink environment. You can use multiple PWM blocks to generate multiple square waves, and use a different sine wave block for each signal. This allows you to control and generate multiple SPWM signals simultaneously.

4. Is it possible to adjust the frequency and amplitude of the SPWM signal using the Arduino-Simulink environment?

Yes, it is possible to adjust the frequency and amplitude of the SPWM signal using the Arduino-Simulink environment. You can use a frequency generator block to adjust the frequency, and a gain block to adjust the amplitude of the sine wave. You can also use a potentiometer or other input device to provide real-time control over these parameters.

5. Can I use the Arduino-Simulink environment to generate SPWM for any type of application?

Yes, the Arduino-Simulink environment can be used to generate SPWM for a variety of applications. SPWM is commonly used in power electronics for controlling the output voltage of inverters, but it can also be used in other applications such as motor control, audio amplifiers, and more. As long as you have the necessary hardware and knowledge, you can use the Arduino-Simulink environment for any SPWM application.