Gelfand's Trigonometry:No Solutions?

• Thread starter Lennie Oswald
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Trigonometry
In summary, Gelfand's Trigonometry: No Solutions is a mathematical concept and theorem developed by mathematician Israel Gelfand. It states that there are no solutions to certain trigonometric equations, specifically those that involve the sine and cosine functions. This concept is important because it helps to prove the non-existence of certain solutions to trigonometric equations and has applications in other areas of mathematics. Examples of equations with no solutions in Gelfand's Trigonometry include sin(x) = 2 and cos(x) = -1. It differs from other trigonometric concepts by focusing on equations with no solutions, rather than finding solutions or relationships between trigonometric functions. While it may not have direct applications to real-world
Lennie Oswald
Hey, I have recently bought Gelfand's Trigonometry however I have realized that there are no solutions to the excercises or problems in the text. I have looked online and I haven't found any solutions either. As far as I know I could've completely blown the exercises ( doubt it ). THank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
Why not try checking your answers numerically to see if they make sense and any that don't post here as questions.

Related to Gelfand's Trigonometry:No Solutions?

1. What is Gelfand's Trigonometry: No Solutions?

Gelfand's Trigonometry: No Solutions is a mathematical concept and theorem developed by mathematician Israel Gelfand. It states that there are no solutions to certain trigonometric equations, specifically those that involve the sine and cosine functions.

2. Why is Gelfand's Trigonometry important?

Gelfand's Trigonometry is important because it helps to prove the non-existence of certain solutions to trigonometric equations. It also has applications in other areas of mathematics, such as complex analysis and functional analysis.

3. What are some examples of equations with no solutions in Gelfand's Trigonometry?

Examples of equations with no solutions in Gelfand's Trigonometry include sin(x) = 2 and cos(x) = -1. These equations have no solutions because the values of sine and cosine functions are limited to the range of -1 to 1.

4. How is Gelfand's Trigonometry different from other trigonometric concepts?

Gelfand's Trigonometry differs from other trigonometric concepts in that it deals specifically with equations that have no solutions. Other trigonometric concepts, such as identities and formulas, focus on finding solutions or relationships between trigonometric functions.

5. Can Gelfand's Trigonometry be applied to real-world problems?

While Gelfand's Trigonometry may not have direct applications to real-world problems, its principles can be applied in other areas of mathematics. For example, it can be used in complex analysis to prove the non-existence of solutions to certain integrals.