Gear box design against specified engine specifications

In summary, the conversation involves a task of designing a basic gear box for a vehicle with specific engine specifications. The person is seeking guidance on what additional information is needed and what calculations are necessary to reach a final solution. Without knowing the desired outcome and details about the vehicle's mass, it is difficult to provide helpful advice.
Prashant6182
Dear all,i have recently been provided a task of designing a basic gear box for a vehicle having following engine specifications:
127cc,
max torque: 7.8N-m
Max. RPM: 3200
How do I proceed for this? Please guide me what all additional information is required for this calculation and what all do I need to find out or calculate to come to the final solution? Only process guidance would be enough.
Thanks and Regards to all.

Engineering news on Phys.org
I presume that this is input to the gearbox information, without knowing what you want to achieve, eg max speed, max acceleration and some details about the mass of the vehicle, it's difficult to give any useful help.

Related to Gear box design against specified engine specifications

What is the purpose of designing a gear box against specified engine specifications?

The purpose of designing a gear box against specified engine specifications is to ensure that the gear box is compatible with the engine and can efficiently transfer power from the engine to the wheels of the vehicle. This ensures optimal performance and durability of the gear box.

What factors are considered when designing a gear box against specified engine specifications?

Some of the factors that are considered when designing a gear box against specified engine specifications include the torque and power output of the engine, the gear ratios needed to achieve desired performance, the type of vehicle and its intended use, and any weight or size limitations.

How does the gear box design impact the overall performance of a vehicle?

The gear box design has a significant impact on the overall performance of a vehicle. A well-designed gear box can improve acceleration, top speed, and fuel efficiency. It also plays a crucial role in the smoothness and responsiveness of the vehicle.

What are the common challenges faced when designing a gear box against specified engine specifications?

Some common challenges faced when designing a gear box against specified engine specifications include finding the right balance between strength and weight, minimizing noise and vibration, and ensuring efficient and smooth gear shifting. Other challenges may include cost limitations and meeting regulatory requirements.

How does a gear box design vary for different types of engines and vehicles?

The gear box design can vary greatly depending on the type of engine and vehicle. For example, a gear box designed for a high-performance sports car will have different specifications compared to one designed for a heavy-duty truck. It also depends on the specific needs and requirements of the engine and vehicle in terms of power, torque, and performance.