Gaussian integrals with 4-momentum

In summary, the conversation involves someone seeking help with calculating 5 Gaussian integrals in their Quantum Field Theory (QFT) calculations. The person suggests starting with the last integral and using differentiation under integration signs for the first four. They also mention the Q being four momentum and recommend referring to Zee's QFT in a Nutshell textbook for guidance. The textbook is available on Amazon for reference.
k54ledung
I am doing some calculations in QFT. And, in my calculations, I have to deal with 5 Gaussian integrals as followed. Please help me calculate those 5 integrals. Thank you very much!

Attachments

• tích phân.pdf
    187.2 KB · Views: 252
Physics news on Phys.org
you can start with the last one and some differentiation under integration signs would be useful for the first four.by the way that q is four momentum,right?

I don't know if you have access to Zee's QFT in a Nutshell textbook, but he has a helpful page ,or two, that shows how to derive those integrals near the beginning of the book.

You could probably find it on Amazon, as well, assuming it's one of the ones you can "look inside"

Thanks so much!:)

I would be happy to help you with your calculations. Gaussian integrals with 4-momentum are commonly used in quantum field theory (QFT) to calculate scattering amplitudes and other physical quantities. These integrals often arise when dealing with Feynman diagrams, which represent the interactions between particles.

To calculate the 5 Gaussian integrals that you mentioned, we can use techniques such as Wick's theorem and Feynman parameterization. These methods allow us to express the integrals in terms of simpler integrals that can be evaluated more easily.

It would be helpful if you could provide more specific information about the integrals, such as the limits of integration and the functions involved. This will allow for a more accurate and efficient calculation.

In the meantime, I can provide some general tips for solving Gaussian integrals with 4-momentum. Firstly, we can use the fact that Gaussian integrals are rotationally invariant, meaning that they are unaffected by a change in the direction of the momentum vectors. This allows us to simplify the integrals by choosing a convenient coordinate system.

Secondly, we can use Feynman parameterization to express the integrals in terms of a single parameter, making them easier to evaluate. This technique involves introducing an auxiliary parameter and then performing a change of variables to transform the integral into a more manageable form.

Lastly, we can also use Wick's theorem to express the integrals in terms of simpler integrals involving only two or four momenta. This theorem is based on the Wick contraction, which is a way of pairing up the momentum variables in the integrand.

In conclusion, Gaussian integrals with 4-momentum are an important tool in QFT calculations. With the proper techniques and information, we can efficiently evaluate these integrals and obtain valuable insights into the behavior of particles in quantum systems. I hope this helps with your calculations. Best of luck!

Related to Gaussian integrals with 4-momentum

1. What is a Gaussian integral with 4-momentum?

A Gaussian integral with 4-momentum is a mathematical tool used in quantum field theory to calculate the probability of a particle's momentum being within a certain range. It involves integrating a Gaussian function over a four-dimensional space of momentum variables.

2. How is a Gaussian integral with 4-momentum used in physics?

Gaussian integrals with 4-momentum are used in various areas of physics, including quantum mechanics, quantum field theory, and statistical mechanics. They are particularly useful for calculating scattering amplitudes and transition probabilities in these fields.

3. Can a Gaussian integral with 4-momentum be solved analytically?

Yes, in some cases, Gaussian integrals with 4-momentum can be solved analytically using techniques such as Wick rotation or Feynman parametrization. However, in more complex systems, numerical methods may be necessary to obtain a solution.

4. What is the significance of the 4-momentum in Gaussian integrals?

The 4-momentum in Gaussian integrals represents the four components of a particle's momentum, including its energy and three spatial components. It is a fundamental quantity in quantum mechanics and is used to describe the motion and interactions of particles.

5. Are there any limitations to using Gaussian integrals with 4-momentum?

One limitation of Gaussian integrals with 4-momentum is that they assume the particle's momentum follows a Gaussian distribution, which may not always be accurate. Additionally, they may not be suitable for systems with high energy or large numbers of particles, where more advanced techniques may be needed.