Galactic Frequencies: Info on Frequency of Galaxies

• Thread starter PhilosophyofPhysics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Frequencies
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of galactic frequencies and angular accelerations of individual galaxies. However, it is unclear what exactly is meant by these terms and it appears that no one understands the first question. The conversation ends with a warning to not discuss personal theories in this setting.
PhilosophyofPhysics
I was wondering if there is any info on the frequencies of individual galaxies?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
What's a "galactic frequency, eh?"

- Warren

Revolutions perhaps?

There is info, yes.

Every existing individual galaxy occurs exactly once.

ah, what about angular accelerations of galaxies?

...blinks audibly...

In case you weren't getting it, no one understands your first question.

What "frequencies of galaxies" would you like to know about? Can you clarify?

You can ignore my first question. I think I would need angular accelerations rather than frequencies.

No one know what the "angular acceleration" of a galaxy is either.

If you're working on some kind of personal theory, don't do it here. I'm closing this thread.

- Warren

Related to Galactic Frequencies: Info on Frequency of Galaxies

1. What are galactic frequencies?

Galactic frequencies refer to the electromagnetic radiation emitted by galaxies, which can be measured in terms of wavelength or frequency. This radiation can provide valuable information about the composition, size, and movement of galaxies.

2. How are galactic frequencies measured?

Galactic frequencies are typically measured using telescopes that are designed to detect electromagnetic radiation. These telescopes can capture a wide range of frequencies, from radio waves to gamma rays, and can be used to create images and maps of galaxies.

3. What can we learn from studying galactic frequencies?

By studying galactic frequencies, scientists can learn about the distribution of matter and energy in galaxies, the presence of different elements and molecules, the movement of stars and gas within a galaxy, and the effects of dark matter and dark energy on galactic structures.

4. How do galactic frequencies vary between different types of galaxies?

The frequencies emitted by galaxies can vary depending on their size, shape, age, and composition. For example, spiral galaxies tend to emit more high-frequency radiation, while elliptical galaxies emit more low-frequency radiation. The frequencies can also vary within a single galaxy, depending on the location and movement of different objects within it.

5. What are some practical applications of studying galactic frequencies?

Studying galactic frequencies can help us better understand the universe and our place in it. It can also aid in the search for extraterrestrial life, as some frequencies may indicate the presence of habitable exoplanets. Additionally, studying galactic frequencies can have technological applications, such as improving our understanding of communication signals and developing new technologies for space exploration.