Funny Computer Tech Support Stories: Learn & Laugh

• Thread starter The_Professional
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Support
In summary, the conversation includes three humorous anecdotes about people calling tech support for silly reasons. The first involves a person mistaking their CD-ROM drive for a cup holder, the second involves a woman not understanding the concept of "Windows" in regards to her printer, and the third involves a customer not knowing how to type on a keyboard. The narrator also adds a personal experience with a clueless person and their new air conditioner.
The_Professional
Linky: http://www.clasbey.com/Jokes/computer_use.htm

11. True story from a Novell NetWare Sysop:

Caller: "Hello, is this Tech Support?"

Tech: "Yes, it is. How may I help you?"

Caller: "The cup holder on my PC is broken and I am within my warranty period. How do I go about getting that fixed?"

Tech: "I'm sorry, but did you say a cup holder?"

Caller: "Yes, it's attached to the front of my computer."

Tech: "Please excuse me. If I seem a bit stumped, it's because I am. Did you receive this as part of a promotional at a trade show? How did you get this cup holder?

Caller: It came with my computer. I don't know anything about a promotion. It just has '4X' on it."

At this point, the Tech Rep had to mute the caller because he couldn't stand it. He was laughing too hard. The caller had been using the load drawer of the CD-ROM drive as a cup holder and snapped it off the drive.

12. A woman called the Canon help desk with a problem with her printer. The tech asked her if she was running it under "Windows." The woman responded, "No, my desk is next to the door. But that is a good point. The man sitting in the cubicle next to me is under a window and his printer is working fine."

13. Tech Support: "O.K. Bob, let's press the control and escape keys at the same time. That brings up a task list in the middle of the screen. Now type the letter "P" to bring up the Program Manager."

Customer: "I don't have a 'P'."

Tech: "On your keyboard, Bob."

Customer: "What do you mean?"

Tech: "'P' on your keyboard, Bob."

Customer: "I'm not going to do that!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
These jokes are interesting, though I think some of them are a little bit exaggerated, like joke #4.

Some people ARE actually this clueless about technology. I speak from experience. Nuff said.

A woman once asked me if I knew why her new air conditioner wasn't working. She had it sitting on her kitchen table; cold air was blowing out of one end, and hot air out of the other. I told her it was working just fine.

Related to Funny Computer Tech Support Stories: Learn & Laugh

1. What is "Funny Computer Tech Support Stories: Learn & Laugh?"

"Funny Computer Tech Support Stories: Learn & Laugh" is a collection of humorous and relatable stories about experiences with computer tech support. It aims to entertain and provide a lighthearted perspective on common technical issues.

2. Who can benefit from reading "Funny Computer Tech Support Stories: Learn & Laugh?"

Anyone who has ever struggled with technology or interacted with tech support can benefit from reading this book. It is especially relatable for those who work in the tech industry or have a passion for computers.

3. Are these stories based on real experiences?

Yes, these stories are based on real experiences from various individuals who have shared their funny and frustrating encounters with computer tech support. However, some details may have been exaggerated for comedic effect.

4. Can this book help improve my technical skills?

This book is not intended to be a technical guide or lesson. Its main purpose is to entertain and provide a humorous look at common technical issues. However, readers may pick up some useful tips or tricks along the way.

5. Is "Funny Computer Tech Support Stories: Learn & Laugh" appropriate for all ages?

Yes, this book is appropriate for all ages. While some stories may contain mild language or adult themes, they are presented in a lighthearted and humorous manner that is suitable for all audiences.