Fun Creative Date Ideas for This Weekend

• Thread starter JizzaDaMan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ideas
In summary, my girlfriend and I are looking for something fun to do on Saturday. We don't know the town well, so we're trying to think of ideas. We're both bored with each other, so something fun and engaging is needed. We've considered going to a park or zoo, cooking together, and watching a movie, but we're not sure if any of these are really good ideas. We're also considering visiting her friends or family.
JizzaDaMan
This weekend, I plan to spend Saturday with my girlfriend who I haven't seen in a while. We're planning to spend it in a town I don't know well, so thinking of things to do is tricky. Although we enjoy each other's company very much, I can see boredom creeping in if we don't have something fun to do. As I mentioned I haven't seen her in a while, so I would like to make it fairly memorable.

So do you guys have any fun, creative date ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
Look up the town's website and check out events or areas of interest.

Honestly, if you haven't seen her in a while what's wrong with having sex and just laying and talking all day?

Some date ideas are quite location-specific. I was lucky enough to attend a land-grant college with a nice large agriculture/animal-husbandry department. Got a GF that doesn't mind smelly critters? Take her to visit the cows and the sheep. We also had a nice music department that offered free recitals every week-night, and there were really cheap (maybe 50 cents per ticket) movie showings of older films.

Some museums are quite entertaining and informative. I wish I had lived near Sherbrook with their history museum when I was younger. Nice collection of New England artifacts, including lots of agricultural implements and tools. A great chance to have some quiet time and talk to one another. Lots better than a date at a rock concert when you might have trouble understanding each other over the din.

JizzaDaMan said:
This weekend, I plan to spend Saturday with my girlfriend who I haven't seen in a while. We're planning to spend it in a town I don't know well, so thinking of things to do is tricky. Although we enjoy each other's company very much, I can see boredom creeping in if we don't have something fun to do. As I mentioned I haven't seen her in a while, so I would like to make it fairly memorable.

So do you guys have any fun, creative date ideas?
Along the lines of Evo's comment, check online for 'things to do' or 'points of interest' in the town, or if the town doesn't have a website, in the region (country or otherwise).

Going to a park or zoo might be of interest - if one's girl friend likes animals - and it's not too cold.

One could cook a lunch or dinner together, or make a stew or soup, or bake some pies or cakes.

Watch some movies that either have been meaning to watch, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Visit with some of her friends or family.

ok, thanks guys, I will think about that

I hope your date went well! Did you end up picking something good?

Related to Fun Creative Date Ideas for This Weekend

1. What are some unique and fun date ideas for this weekend?

Some fun and creative date ideas for this weekend could include a picnic in the park, a visit to a local art museum or gallery, taking a cooking class together, going to a concert or live performance, or trying out a new outdoor activity like hiking or kayaking.

2. How can I plan a budget-friendly date for this weekend?

There are plenty of budget-friendly date ideas for this weekend, such as having a movie night at home, going on a scenic drive, visiting a free local attraction, or having a game night with friends. You could also pack a picnic or cook a romantic dinner at home to save money on dining out.

3. What are some ways to make a date more creative and memorable?

One way to make a date more creative and memorable is to try something new together, whether it's an activity, cuisine, or experience. You could also plan a surprise date or include personal touches, such as a homemade gift or handwritten note. Another idea is to incorporate elements of nostalgia, such as revisiting a childhood favorite spot or recreating a memorable moment from your relationship.

4. What are some fun date ideas for couples who have been together for a while?

Couples who have been together for a while may benefit from trying new and exciting activities together. Some ideas could include taking a dance class, going on a road trip to a nearby city, trying a new adventurous sport, or attending a comedy show. You could also plan a date that focuses on relaxation and pampering, such as a couples massage or spa day.

5. How can I incorporate creativity into a date while still keeping it simple?

One way to incorporate creativity into a date while keeping it simple is to add a personal touch to a traditional date idea. For example, you could have a movie night but choose a theme and dress up accordingly. Or, you could have a game night but create your own game or include personalized questions and challenges. Another idea is to take a simple walk or hike, but bring a camera and take photos of each other along the way.