Free Music Remix Software | Make Your Own Fatboy Slim Beats

• Music
  • Thread starter _Mayday_
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for a free software to create music on their computer. They mention wanting to slow down and speed up music and possibly add drums. Two suggestions are given, Audacity which can do most of what the person wants, and Trakax which allows for layering and adding effects but does not have built-in sounds. The person thanks the two for their suggestions.
_Mayday_
Hey Everyone!

I am looking for a free piece of software I can download that will let me play around with some music on my computer. You know like slow bits down and speed some up, maybe even add a bit of drums or something like that. It would be cool to make some Fatboy Slim like tunes.

Thanks

_Mayday_

Last edited:
Science news on Phys.org
Audacity can do most of that. It doesn't have a drum machine, but its good otherwise. If you have a Mac of course there's GarageBand.

I have one called http://www.trakax.com/ . It doesn't have any built in sounds or anything but you can import them I guess and maybe find some plug-ins or what have you. It allows you to add various layers and adjust them independantly, adding effects and distortion and so forth. It also has the added bonus of a video editor but I'm unsure just how much you an do with that feature other that strip its sound and or layer new sounds on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks you two I'll have a look at both.

Related to Free Music Remix Software | Make Your Own Fatboy Slim Beats

1. What is free music remix software?

Free music remix software is a computer program or application that allows users to create their own remixes or versions of existing music tracks. It usually includes features such as audio editing tools, effects, and samples to manipulate and rearrange the original song.

2. Can I legally use copyrighted music in my remixes with this software?

No, it is not legal to use copyrighted music in your remixes without obtaining permission or a license from the original artist or copyright holder. However, some free music remix software may come with royalty-free or creative commons licensed samples and music that you can use in your remixes.

3. What are the system requirements for using free music remix software?

The system requirements may vary depending on the specific software, but most free music remix programs can be run on both Windows and Mac operating systems. Generally, you will need a computer with a decent amount of RAM and processing power, as well as a sound card and speakers or headphones.

4. Is it necessary to have any prior music production experience to use this software?

No, you do not need any prior music production experience to use free music remix software. However, having a basic understanding of music theory and audio editing may be helpful in creating more professional-sounding remixes.

5. Can I share my remixes online if I use this software?

Yes, you can share your remixes online as long as you have obtained the necessary permissions or licenses for any copyrighted material used in your remix. Many free music remix software also have built-in sharing features that allow you to upload and share your remixes on various platforms.