Formula for Total Line current of Schedule of Load

In summary, the formula for total line current in a schedule of load is I = P / (V x PF), where I is the current in amps, P is the power in watts, V is the voltage in volts, and PF is the power factor. To calculate the total line current, you will need to know the power, voltage, and power factor of the load and plug these values into the formula. This information is important for proper sizing of electrical components and preventing overloading and hazards. The formula is only applicable for AC circuits, for DC circuits the formula is I = P / V. Other factors such as harmonics, phase angle, and reactive power can also affect the total line current and should be considered for a more
rnnpila
Hi guys.. just want to ask for the formula for the computation of the total load current in the schedule of load in order to size the breaker accurately. Hoping for response.. THANK YOU. :)

Engineering news on Phys.org
If this is a max demand question? You will need to tell us where the job is as there will be a standard to follow

Related to Formula for Total Line current of Schedule of Load

1. What is the Formula for Total Line Current in a Schedule of Load?

The formula for total line current in a schedule of load is I = P / (V x PF), where I is the current in amps, P is the power in watts, V is the voltage in volts, and PF is the power factor.

2. How do I calculate the Total Line Current in a Schedule of Load?

To calculate the total line current, you will need to know the power, voltage, and power factor of the load. Then, plug these values into the formula I = P / (V x PF) to determine the total line current in amps.

3. What is the importance of calculating Total Line Current in a Schedule of Load?

Calculating the total line current is important because it helps determine the amount of current that will flow through the electrical system. This information is crucial for proper sizing of wires, breakers, and other electrical components to prevent overloading and potential hazards.

4. Can the Formula for Total Line Current be used for both AC and DC circuits?

No, the formula for total line current is only applicable for AC circuits. For DC circuits, the formula for current is I = P / V, where I is the current in amps, P is the power in watts, and V is the voltage in volts.

5. Are there any other factors that can affect the Total Line Current in a Schedule of Load?

Yes, other factors such as harmonics, phase angle, and reactive power can also affect the total line current in a schedule of load. These factors should be taken into consideration when calculating the total line current for a more accurate result.