Fluid Statics Center Of Pressure

In summary, the conversation was about finding the center of pressure on a plane vertical for a lab experiment. The person was seeking help with calculating the experimental and theoretical center of pressure and requested a sample of both equations. They also apologized for the way they presented the information and attached a word document of their lab results.
febbie22
Hey guys I'm needing some help here its to find the center of pressure on a plane vertical.

Sorry guys for the way I've set out all of this but its the only way i know how basically I'm just wondering how to calculate the experimental and theoretical center of pressure of this lab I'm doing .

A Sample of both equations would be much appreciated

Cheers guys

Attachments

• Results_Table_-_Centre_of_Pressure_on_a_Plane_Vertical_Surface-2-1.doc
    75.5 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry guys just seen how it came out i hope you can make sense of this because I am really stuck with this cause nothing seems to be coming out right.

ive attached a word doc of the lab results

Last edited:

Related to Fluid Statics Center Of Pressure

What is fluid statics?

Fluid statics is the branch of fluid mechanics that deals with fluids at rest or in a state of constant motion. It involves the study of pressure, density, and forces within a fluid system.

What is the center of pressure?

The center of pressure is the point at which the total force on a submerged body acts. It is the point where the sum of the hydrostatic forces on the surface of the body is equal to the hydrostatic force that would act on the same area if the fluid were at rest.

How is the center of pressure calculated?

The center of pressure can be calculated by dividing the moment of the hydrostatic force on the body by the total force acting on the body. This can be done by taking the sum of the moments of the forces acting on the body and dividing it by the sum of the forces.

What factors affect the center of pressure?

The center of pressure is affected by the shape and orientation of the body, the density and viscosity of the fluid, and the location and magnitude of external forces acting on the body.

Why is the center of pressure important in fluid statics?

The center of pressure is important because it helps determine the stability of a body in a fluid. It also plays a role in determining the forces and moments acting on a submerged body, which is crucial in designing and analyzing various structures such as boats and aircrafts.