First Year Physics Exam Prep: Challenging Problems Across Multiple Topics

In summary, the person is seeking more difficult physics problems for their first year university exam, preferably involving multiple topics but not necessarily all in one question. They also request that the problems use numerical values instead of variables. The person is advised to use the search feature on the website for help with finding suitable problems and solutions.
Obi-2-Kenobi
Δ

Homework Statement

I'm preparing for my first year university physics exam and was wondering if the PF community could give me some 'more difficult' problems that I could work on. If you could can the problems involve combinations of topics (ex. relative motion, kinematics, dynamics, rotation, projectile motion, momentum, statics in 1 or 2 problems). They don't have to involve all of the topics in each question just preferably have more than 1. Also could you keep the questions to all variables as numbers can make the problems tedious and they won't appear on the exam anyways. Thank you.

Homework Equations

L_i = L_f (conservation of angular momentum
L=Iω τ=Iα
τ=rxF or τ=rFsin∅
a=αR
ΔK =.5I(ω^2)_f-.5I(ω^2)_i=W ETC.

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Use the 'Search' feature at the top of this page and advance search under Intro Physics Homework Help using keywords as appropriate and you'll find loads of problems and help with their solutions to boot. Best source on the Net!

Welcome to PF, and give my best wishes to Luke and the the Princess.

Related to First Year Physics Exam Prep: Challenging Problems Across Multiple Topics

1. What topics should I focus on for the first year physics exam?

The first year physics exam typically covers basic concepts in mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, and optics. It is important to review these topics thoroughly and understand the fundamental principles behind each concept.

2. How can I best prepare for the first year physics exam?

The best way to prepare for the first year physics exam is to review your lecture notes, practice solving problems, and attend review sessions or seek help from a tutor. It is also helpful to make a study schedule and dedicate enough time to each topic.

3. Are there any specific formulas or equations that I should memorize for the first year physics exam?

Yes, there are several key equations and formulas that you should make sure to memorize for the first year physics exam. These include equations for Newton's laws of motion, Ohm's law, and Snell's law, among others. However, it is important to also understand the concepts behind these equations and how to apply them in different scenarios.

4. Will the first year physics exam include any lab questions?

It is possible that the first year physics exam may include some questions related to lab experiments or demonstrations. Make sure to review your lab notes and understand the procedures and concepts behind each experiment. It may also be helpful to practice solving problems related to the lab activities.

5. How important is it to show work and explain my reasoning on the first year physics exam?

Showing your work and explaining your reasoning is crucial for success on the first year physics exam. Partial credit may be given for correct steps and explanations, even if the final answer is not correct. Additionally, showing your work can help you identify any mistakes and correct them before submitting your final answer.