Finding wavelength and fundamental frequency with string

In summary, the conversation is about a string that is 1328 cm long and is held fixed at each end. The string has eight antinodes and vibrates at a frequency of 97 Hz. The task at hand is to find the wavelength and fundamental frequency of the string, for which the person asking for help has no clue about and is seeking assistance. The conversation is then closed and the person is advised to repost their question in the Homework Help forums with the necessary information and effort shown.
rachb75
The length of a string is 1328 cm. It is held fixed at each end. The string vibrates in eight sections; i.e., the string has eight antinodes, and the string vibrates at 97 Hz.

Find the wavelength and fundamental frequency.

I have no clue, anything helps! Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
is this homework ?

rachb75 said:
The length of a string is 1328 cm. It is held fixed at each end. The string vibrates in eight sections; i.e., the string has eight antinodes, and the string vibrates at 97 Hz.

Find the wavelength and fundamental frequency.

I have no clue, anything helps! Thank you!
Thread closed. Re-post in the Homework Help forums and fill out the Template there and show your work. "no clue" is not accepted here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Finding wavelength and fundamental frequency with string

What is the relationship between wavelength and fundamental frequency?

The wavelength and fundamental frequency of a string are inversely proportional. This means that as the wavelength increases, the fundamental frequency decreases, and vice versa.

How can the wavelength of a string be measured?

The wavelength of a string can be measured by finding the distance between two consecutive points where the string vibrates at its maximum amplitude. This distance is equal to one full wavelength.

What is the formula for finding the wavelength of a string?

The formula for finding the wavelength of a string is: λ = 2L/n, where L is the length of the string and n is the number of nodes (points of zero amplitude) in the string.

What is the fundamental frequency of a string?

The fundamental frequency of a string is the lowest possible frequency at which the string can vibrate. It is also known as the first harmonic.

How can the fundamental frequency of a string be calculated?

The fundamental frequency of a string can be calculated using the formula: f = v/λ, where v is the speed of the wave on the string and λ is the wavelength of the string.