Finding the Angle of a Bar PQ using Geometry and Theta

In summary, the conversation discusses using the equation aA = aB + α x rA/B + ω x (ω x rA/B) for finding angular acceleration, but there is uncertainty about taking the inverse of the cross product and the possibility of PQ moving with acceleration due to changing theta. The suggestion is made to use geometry to find the angle of the bar PQ as a function of theta instead.
whitejac

Homework Statement

Capture.JPG

Homework Equations

I want to say I should be using this one:
aA = aB + α x rA/B + ω x (ω x rA/B)

The Attempt at a Solution

The only problem is that if I'm supposed to find the angular acceleration then i'd have to take the... inverse of the cross product? To get it back and I don't think that that's possible. I also want to say that it's zero because OQ moves with constant angular velocity, but I believe that that would result in PQ moving with acceleration because theta would be changing?

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think that equation will help.
Just use a bit of geometry to find the angle of the bar PQ as a function of theta.

Related to Finding the Angle of a Bar PQ using Geometry and Theta

What is the importance of using the right formula in scientific experiments?

Using the correct formula is crucial in obtaining accurate and reliable results in scientific experiments. It ensures that the data collected is valid and can be used to draw meaningful conclusions.

How do I know if I am using the right formula for my experiment?

The best way to determine if you are using the right formula is to consult reliable sources such as textbooks, scientific journals, or experts in the field. You can also double-check your calculations and ensure that all the units are consistent.

What happens if I use the wrong formula in my experiment?

Using the wrong formula can lead to incorrect results, which can undermine the validity of your experiment. It can also make it difficult to replicate your study or compare your findings with other studies in the future.

Can I modify a formula to fit my experiment?

It is not recommended to modify a formula to fit your experiment. Formulas are based on scientific principles and have been tested and proven to be accurate. Any modifications can introduce errors and compromise the reliability of your results.

Are there any tools or resources that can help me choose the right formula?

Yes, there are many online resources, such as formula calculators and databases, that can help you choose the right formula for your experiment. It is also helpful to consult with other scientists or your colleagues for their expertise and advice.