Find Value of I in Ohm's Law Circuit

In summary, Ohm's Law is a fundamental law in physics that describes the relationship between voltage, current, and resistance in an electrical circuit. It can be applied to all circuits as long as they follow the basic principles of electricity and have a constant resistance. To calculate the value of current, the formula I = V/R is used, with current being measured in amperes. According to Ohm's Law, the current is directly proportional to the voltage, meaning that as the voltage increases, the current also increases.
22990atinesh

Homework Statement

In the circuit shown the value of I in ampere is
[img=http://s28.postimg.org/5adobnb95/Capture.jpg]

Homework Equations

## V = I R ##

The Attempt at a Solution

Leaving 4 ohm above resistor Equivalent R will be
##R_{eq} = \frac{4*4}{4+4} + 4 + 1.6 = 7.6##
##I = \frac{V}{R}##
## I = \frac{4}{7.6} = 0.526 ##
Ans is not given in the option please tell what I'm doing wrong

Physics news on Phys.org
Why do you think you can ignore the top resistor?

Also, note that the middle contraption is two 4 ohm resistors in parallel with a wire of resistance zero ...

Related to Find Value of I in Ohm's Law Circuit

1. What is Ohm's Law?

Ohm's Law is a fundamental law in physics that describes the relationship between voltage, current, and resistance in an electrical circuit. It states that the current flowing through a conductor is directly proportional to the voltage applied, and inversely proportional to the resistance of the conductor.

2. How do you calculate the value of I in an Ohm's Law circuit?

To calculate the value of I (current) in an Ohm's Law circuit, you would use the formula I = V/R, where I is the current in amperes (A), V is the voltage in volts (V), and R is the resistance in ohms (Ω).

3. What is the unit of measurement for current in Ohm's Law?

The unit of measurement for current in Ohm's Law is amperes (A), which is also commonly referred to as amps.

4. Can Ohm's Law be applied to all circuits?

Yes, Ohm's Law can be applied to all circuits, as long as the circuit follows the basic principles of electricity and has a constant resistance.

5. How does changing the voltage affect the current in an Ohm's Law circuit?

According to Ohm's Law, the current (I) is directly proportional to the voltage (V). This means that as the voltage increases, the current will also increase, and vice versa. Therefore, if the voltage is doubled, the current will also double, and if the voltage is halved, the current will also be halved.