Find the Proper Time given the time and distance between two events

In summary, the proper time between two events is the elapsed time measured by an observer who is in the same frame of reference as the events, also known as the "invariant interval". It is directly related to the distance between the events and can be calculated by dividing the distance by the speed of light in a vacuum. This calculation is significant in understanding the concept of time dilation in special relativity and it is always a positive value, as the proper time cannot be negative.
zellwwf

Homework Statement

I have written everything in the attachement, please read it

Homework Equations

I have written everything in the attachement, please read it
all of them :)

The Attempt at a Solution

My solution is also at the PDF attached, just check for correctness, and if i made any mistakes, tell me

Attachments

• Problem 2.pdf
    161.4 KB · Views: 324
Physics news on Phys.org
Looking good!

So Correct :P?
Finaly a correct answer..

Related to Find the Proper Time given the time and distance between two events

What is the proper time between two events?

The proper time between two events is the elapsed time measured by an observer who is in the same frame of reference as the events. It is also known as the "invariant interval" and is independent of the motion of the observer.

How is proper time related to distance between two events?

The proper time between two events is directly related to the distance between them. The proper time can be calculated by dividing the distance between the events by the speed of light in a vacuum.

How do you find the proper time between two events?

To find the proper time between two events, you need to know the distance between the events and the speed of light in a vacuum. The proper time can then be calculated by dividing the distance by the speed of light.

What is the significance of finding the proper time between two events?

Calculating the proper time between two events is important in understanding the concept of time dilation in special relativity. It helps us understand how time can appear to pass differently for different observers depending on their relative motion.

Can the proper time between two events be negative?

No, the proper time between two events cannot be negative. This is because the speed of light is always a positive value, and dividing a positive distance by a positive speed will always result in a positive value for proper time.