Find Range of R4 & U4 for I in [-3A,-1A]

In summary, using Kirchhoff's law and the potential of nodes method, the range of resistance R4 and voltage U4 can be found for a given range of current I of -3A to -1A. The calculations show that R4 starts from 0.22 ohm and U4 starts from -4.5 V. The given values for E, E4, Ig, Ig4, R1, R2, and R3 were used in this solution.
gruba

Homework Statement

Find range of resistance R4 and voltage U4 so that the range of current I is [tex]I \in [-3A,-1A][/tex]
E=5V,
E4=6V,
Ig=1A,
Ig4= -3A,
R1=2ohm,
R2=3ohm,
R3=5ohm

Homework Equations

-Kirhoff's law
-Potential of nodes method

The Attempt at a Solution

Firstly, I set current I= -3A. Setting potential V3=0 V, current I23=0.25 A.

Using Kirchhoff's law on node 2 ,I12=1.25 A. On node 1 ,I14=1.75 V.

Now potential of nodes are V1=5 V, V2=1.25 V, V3=0 V V4=1.5 V.

With potential of nodes method on node 4, R4=2.09 ohm. Then, U4= -4.5 V.

In my book's solution, it says that R4 starts from 0.22 ohm and U4 starts from -4.5 V.

Could someone check this?

Attachments

• image.PNG
    image.PNG
    1.7 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't understand why R4 starts from 0.22 ohm and U4 starts from -4.5 V. Can someone explain this? Thank you in advance

Related to Find Range of R4 & U4 for I in [-3A,-1A]

1. What does "Find Range of R4 & U4 for I in [-3A,-1A]" mean?

This phrase refers to finding the range of values for resistors R4 and U4 in a circuit where the current, represented by the variable I, ranges from -3 amps to -1 amp.

2. Why is it important to find the range of R4 & U4 for I in [-3A,-1A]?

Knowing the range of values for these resistors is important for determining the overall behavior and functionality of the circuit. It can also help with selecting appropriate components and ensuring the circuit operates within safe parameters.

3. How can one find the range of R4 & U4 for I in [-3A,-1A]?

The range can be found by analyzing the circuit and using Ohm's law to calculate the resistance for the given current values. It may also involve using other equations and techniques depending on the complexity of the circuit.

4. What factors can affect the range of R4 & U4 for I in [-3A,-1A]?

The range of values for these resistors can be affected by various factors such as the type and material of the resistors, temperature, and the voltage and current levels in the circuit. Other components and their interactions can also play a role.

5. Are there any limitations to finding the range of R4 & U4 for I in [-3A,-1A]?

Yes, there may be limitations depending on the accuracy of the measurements, the assumptions made in the circuit analysis, and the complexity of the circuit. It is also important to consider potential errors and tolerance levels for the resistors.