-find probability it will rain both days

In summary, the conversation discusses the calculation of the probability of rain on two days, but the given information does not provide the probability of rain on one day. The participants also mention the possibility of a hidden message or missing information.
karush
Gold Member
MHB
Untitled94_20200509182624.png

ok I still don't know where the (0.2) comes from

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hmm, yes you're right from this alone we don't seem to be given the P(rain) on one day. All the choices are valid squares of a probability so I don't see some other "trick" that could be used to exclude choices. I'm with you, ksrush.

well I'm very weak at probability and statistics so thot there was some hidden message 🐮

In order to calculate the probability of rain on two days. you have to know the probability of rain on anyone day! Either they failed to mention that the probability of rain on anyone day was 0.2 or that information was given earlier.

Related to -find probability it will rain both days

1. What is the probability of rain on both days?

The probability of rain on both days can be calculated by multiplying the individual probabilities of rain on each day. For example, if the probability of rain on the first day is 0.4 and the probability of rain on the second day is 0.6, then the probability of rain on both days is 0.4 x 0.6 = 0.24 or 24%.

2. How do you calculate the probability of rain on both days?

To calculate the probability of rain on both days, you need to know the individual probabilities of rain on each day. You can then multiply these probabilities together to get the probability of rain on both days.

3. Can the probability of rain on both days be higher than the probability of rain on one day?

Yes, it is possible for the probability of rain on both days to be higher than the probability of rain on one day. This can happen if the individual probabilities of rain on each day are relatively high and when multiplied together, result in a higher probability.

4. What factors can affect the probability of rain on both days?

The probability of rain on both days can be affected by various factors such as the weather patterns, location, and time of year. For example, if there is a high-pressure system in the area, the chances of rain on both days may be lower.

5. Is the probability of rain on both days affected by the probability of rain on previous days?

No, the probability of rain on both days is not affected by the probability of rain on previous days. Each day's weather is independent of the previous day's weather, so the probability of rain on both days remains the same regardless of the probability of rain on previous days.