Find Posts You Liked - Help & Info

• Thread starter kith
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the option of displaying liked posts on a forum and suggests using the Bookmark feature as an alternative. There is a suggestion for titles to make bookmarks more descriptive, and a mention of Science Advisors having access to the PF Bookmark system. The conversation ends with the discovery of the Bookmark list under the "My PF" drop down menu.
kith
Science Advisor
Is there a way to display the posts I liked? I can only find the option of showing my own posts which have been liked.

Physics news on Phys.org
kith said:
Is there a way to display the posts I liked? I can only find the option of showing my own posts which have been liked.
I don't think there is an area for that. Perhaps you could use the Bookmark feature for posts that you want to keep track of.

BOO ... a missing feature. I didn't think there WERE any such beasts.

Greg Bernhardt said:
the Bookmark feature
With appropriate titles for the bookmarks --- something more descriptive than "Wow."

It's a pity that this feature doesn't exist. It would be such a simple way of tracking posts I find noteworthy.

I do use bookmarks, but they are more complicated and specific to my computer(s) and not to the forum. Especially if I know the person who made the post I am looking for it would make quite a difference.

kith said:
I do use bookmarks, but they are more complicated and specific to my computer(s) and not to the forum. Especially if I know the person who made the post I am looking for it would make quite a difference.
Science Advisors should have access to the PF Bookmark system. To the right of "report".

Ah, somehow I missed this. Yes, this does what I want. Thanks for pointing it out again! :oldsmile:

Likes Greg Bernhardt
kith said:
Ah, somehow I missed this. Yes, this does what I want. Thanks for pointing it out again! :oldsmile:
The list of your Bookmarks are under the "My PF" drop down menu. :)

Related to Find Posts You Liked - Help & Info

1. How do I find posts that I have previously liked?

To find posts that you have previously liked, go to your profile page and click on the "Liked" tab. This will show you a list of all the posts that you have liked.

2. Can I filter my liked posts by date or category?

Currently, there is no option to filter your liked posts by date or category. However, you can use the search bar on your "Liked" tab to search for specific posts or use the "Sort by" option to arrange your liked posts by date or popularity.

3. Will other users be able to see the posts that I have liked?

No, other users will not be able to see the posts that you have liked. This information is private and can only be viewed by you on your profile page.

4. What happens if a post that I have liked gets deleted?

If a post that you have previously liked gets deleted, it will no longer appear on your "Liked" tab. However, the like will still be counted on the original post before it was deleted.

5. Can I unlike a post that I have previously liked?

Yes, you can unlike a post that you have previously liked. To do so, go to your "Liked" tab and click on the heart icon again to remove your like from the post.