Find magentic field intensity.

In summary, the problem involves a square with each side of 5 cm in length, with 4 parallel wires and 4A current flowing at the vertices. The question is how to find the center of the square's magnetic strength. The attempt at a solution suggests creating a square-like structure with the wires and determining the magnetic field vector at the square center. However, an equation is needed for a more accurate solution.
Julian102

Homework Statement

A square with each side of 5 cm in length.Now if 4 parallel wires in each 4A current is flowing were placed on the vertex of the square.How can I find the center of the square of the magnetic strength?

Homework Equations

I am not sure what equation should be used.If I knew I would solve the problem myself.

The Attempt at a Solution

Since the wires are placed at the corners i.e vertex of square, then the 4 wires will make another square like structure.

Physics news on Phys.org
If it were only one wire placed at a corner, what would be the magnetic field vector at the square center?

Hi Julian102,

Use the "UPLOAD" button to copy an image file from your machine to the PF site. Then there won't be access problems for displaying the image (a file on your machine's desktop is not accessible to all, so a link to it fails).

Here is the image.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 402

Related to Find magentic field intensity.

1. What is magnetic field intensity?

Magnetic field intensity, also known as magnetic flux density, is a measure of the strength of a magnetic field at a specific point in space. It is represented by the symbol B and is measured in units of tesla (T) or gauss (G).

2. How is magnetic field intensity calculated?

Magnetic field intensity is calculated using the equation B = μ0 * H, where μ0 is the permeability of free space and H is the magnetic field strength. The permeability of free space is a physical constant with a value of approximately 4π x 10^-7 N/A^2.

3. What factors affect magnetic field intensity?

The strength of a magnetic field is affected by the distance from the source of the magnetic field, the size and shape of the magnet, and the material of the object being affected by the magnetic field. Additionally, the strength of the magnetic field decreases as you move away from the source.

4. How is magnetic field intensity measured?

The strength of a magnetic field can be measured using a device called a magnetometer. This instrument can detect and measure the strength and direction of a magnetic field at a specific point in space.

5. What are some real-world applications of magnetic field intensity?

Magnetic field intensity is used in a variety of applications, including magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), particle accelerators, and generators. It is also used in everyday objects such as electric motors, speakers, and compasses.